Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 4 weeks ago

Anyone have any links or know any ways for a single mother who doesn’t get paid much to get an apartment?

Wondering if anyone knows if there’s resources or people that will help a single mother get her own apartment? Or anyways go get an apartment fast? I’m a single mom of a newborn lookin for a cheap apartment. No rude answers 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You can call your county DHS, but in most parts of the country, the waiting lists for subsidized housing are really long, often a couple years. It's also horrible housing surrounded by gang, drugs, and violence.

I agree with the answer suggesting adoption. It would be the best decision for your baby, who really doesn't deserve any of this. It's also the most unselfish choice a mom can make. You're nowhere near ready to give this baby what she deserves.

• 4 weeks ago

You could apply for public housing through your local housing authority. The waiting lists are long, and there is no way that you could be put ahead of other single mothers.

• Flower
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Call your county Housing Authority and see if there is any subsidized housing available quickly and ask for their advice. You can also put a listing on Craigslist under Housing Wanted. Also, I would call any agency of your city or county that is listed as a social service agency.

• R P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

There is no way to be approved quickly for a rental unit, unless you happen to find a slumlord who is only interested in your rent money every month; don't expect any repairs to be made & don't expect the unit to be in the safest of areas.

You might be better off finding a room to rent in someone's house.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

On a world wide website! Yes I know of resources where I live however I do not know about world wide resources and am not about to guess where you are

• 4 weeks ago

...in the world?

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Doesn't make much - HOW much do you make? A roommate or two maybe? Depends a lot on where you are. There are places where you can get a $500 apartment, if you make around $1500 a month. There are other places where even a cheap apartment is $1000. and you'd need income around $3000 a month.

• 4 weeks ago

the baby daddy, roommates,

you don't need privacy to procreate more since you can't support the kid you have now...

get roommates...another single mom...each family can share a bedroom (mom and kids per room)

or since they aren't related, if the kids are the same gender, kids in 1 room. moms in another...

can have 6 in a 2 bedroom if a landlord agrees.

newborn not too old to find adoptive parents who can support the kid...had you done that while prego, they could have paid your rent for a while

• 4 weeks ago

You have to do the looking yourself. Nobody is going to do it for you, especially without compensation and you haven't got that to spend, right? Online rentals, the local classifieds are probably your best bet. Some realty places do rentals as well as selling homes but those are likely upper end. You can call some and check - tell them the maximum you can afford. Landlords require monthly income of 3 - 4 times the monthly rent so keep that in mind when you apply. Don't spend application money only to learn that you do not qualify financially.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.
  • 4 weeks ago

Find a place to share.

Find a better job or another one

Get the baby daddy to pay

Give the baby up for adoption and have another when you are financially able to support a child.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.