Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Emotions are primitive and irrational. Do intelligent people still have feelings, and, if so, why?

It seems more suited to “psychics” than scientists. Emotions are just instincts and brain chemicals.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why so uneducated?

Feelings are essential to survival and fight or flight relies heavily on them!

Intelligent people would never make the mistakes you make!

• Archer
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Emotions are what make us what we are today and what will impact who we find our selves in the future.

• 1 month ago

Emotions are very important for us and without them, we couldn't live normally. People who are cut off* from their emotions have mental / psychological problems and too, this has a bad effect on their intelligence.

* This is unconscious for them and it's usually a way to protect themselves from the bad things happen in their life.

Unconscious = I mean they don't know this happens in them.

Psychoanalysts who are specialized in everything happens in our unconscious, see it regularly in their offices.

• 1 month ago

Actually, emotions and thought are related. Emotions are like the summary response to all previous thoughts on the subject.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Kid... you don't mind if I call you 'kid', do you?

Kid, please keep up the excellent work.

There's no way I could make christers look as stupid as you do.

Kudos 😎

~

• Doc
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Haven't you ever seen "Forbidden Planet "

The Krell denied their emotions for a million years. Then got wiped out in one night when they showed up again.

• 1 month ago

intelligence is being able

• 1 month ago

Oh, this bullsh*t again...

Are you just unable to feel much of anything, and salty because you can't? Yay, invasion of the (supposedly) superior cyborgs... Except not in my lifetime! Maybe you can find a cyberman to convert you, though. Good riddance.

PS: I'd FAR rather give up a few IQ points than my capacity to feel, thank you very much. And that's speaking as a fairly intelligent AND deeply emotional person.

• Leo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They are illogical.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go away troll.

Everybody please report this for posting the same question over and over again, which is explicitly against the community guidelines:

https://answers.yahoo.com/info/community_guideline...

“Misusing Answers

Don't create multiple accounts to troll or otherwise violate these guidelines or the Yahoo Terms of Service. Don't post things that are incomprehensible or in the wrong language, and don't post the same question over and over again.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.