do you cook more with chicken thighs or chicken breasts?

• polly

Thighs, I find them to be more succulent,juicy & tender,whereas breast can be dry even when it's not over-cooked

• polly
      4 weeks agoReport

Thanks for the BA quintonbacci

bothhhhhhhhhhhhh

Breasts. I don’t care for drumsticks or bones in general.

I get cookin with the thighs and the breast if ya know what im sayin;)

• Candelabrum
      3 weeks agoReport

Are you 12? You have to be at least 13 to use this site.

Neither... I prefer drumsticks.

I like both and probably do about equal.

Thighs have a stronger chicken flavor and more fat, so when I am doing enchiladas or other things where I want intense chicken flavor I use thighs. I will also use thighs for grilling as the extra fat keeps them juicy.

For poaching or more delicately flavored chicken dishes like chicken salad or if I want a simple and clean presentation I will use breasts.

Mostly though, especially for the last several years, I am more likely to cook a whole chicken, either roasted or poached. The roasted chicken would be for immediately eating, the poached is usually part of my stock making process which also produces cooked chicken meat to prepare other chicken based meals with.

Over the last year most of the time when I am cooking chicken it’s been the Jamie Oliver recipe for roasted chicken with milk, cinnamon and sage. You can google it. It’s amazing. There are several versions out there, I follow. The one that has you browning the chicken in butter, not oil. I am very very careful while browning to protec the “fond” (brown, crusty skin that forms in the pan) and keep it golden to medium brown and not let it get dark or bitter. Once the chicken is browned I don’t discard the fat like it says in the recipe, I pour off that lovely golden butter/rendered chicken fat into a container and retain it for using for roasted potatoes or other culinary adventures.

• Clive

Mind your own business.

• denise

Thighs, I usually poach the boneless ones [in chicken stock] before adding them chopped, into pies, casseroles, curries e.t.c. the 'poaching' makes them tender and their cheaper than breasts.

• polly
      4 weeks agoReport

I like the sound of that I'm going to give that a try later on in the week in my slow cooker casserole

I dont like thighs

Breasts, by a wide margin.

• Matt

Starting to cook more thighs now, but used to cook only breasts.