How to switch the footage of an mp4 with a picture?

I recorded some music in mp4 format but I don't want the footage with it, I want to just add a still image. What is the easiest way? I want to upload music to youtube. Does windows movie maker work for this? I believe it can open mp4. Will I be able to delete the footage in that program and then add a picture instead?

What you would need to do is to import the video file into your video editor and possibly un-link the video and audio tracks so that you can manipulate them separately.

You delete the video track which is the music video (I'm assuming). Then you add the picture you want as the video track. These are generic steps/an overall idea of what you would need to do. The exact steps and procedures vary depending on which video editing software you use.

Windows Movie Maker has been discontinued for about a year now, so I don't really know/remember what it can and can't do. WMM has always been a very basic video editing software.

You can try OpenShot, which is a free and open-source video editing program. I've personally never used it, so I can't really tell you exactly how it works or how to do what you want it to do.

first you have to burn a dvd and then you have to play it in a blueray player, then you have to take it down to walmart and buy a license. Then you have to burn the song to a cd. Then you have to melt the cd and dvd down into a soup. Pour sour into a mold to make one super cd/dvd and out it into your computer, then transfer the the picture to the video and voila youre finished