Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

PA Child Support?

I currently pay child support for my daughter to her mother. Her mother is about to move to a different town and leave my daughter in the care of her older brother (he is 20 she is 18, but still in school) Once the mother moves I would like to file to terminate the payment to the mother. I have no issue with paying the money to my daughter. Is her brother able to file for child support if she is in her care?

If you have a court ordered custody arrangement she can't just dump the kid onto someone else. You need to go back to court and ask for custody if she can't raise the child. Don't worry about the money, worry about the kid.

You need to talk to your lawyer, we had that problem, ex-wife moved and they lived with grandmother for a while, problem is, money he paid never got the them. Talk to your lawyer and sending the money to the courts and the courts can decide who the money goes to, then when she complains that she is not getting the money you can tell her to talk to the courts about it.

• Tepee

You need to discuss the situation with your attorney for proper guidance.

i wouldnt think youd even have to pay child support if shes 18, if you want to send her money just send it to her