Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

My friends dad calls him by “sweetie’’ is it normal?

My friend is a 21 years old guy and his dad is 48. Yesterday I was at his house when his dad called to him he was in the bathroom so he ask me to answer it for him. It was his dad who answers it saying “ hi sweetie,is your mom at home?’’ I thouth its very much weird!! What do you think about it?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

You're the one that's "very much weird."  Maybe you should actually learn English before casting your paranoid imaginations as judgment.  Dads use terms of endearments with their kids all the time, including call their sons "honey" or "sweetie."   There's nothing at all weird or perverse about that.

By the way, you are indoctrinated in toxic masculinity and its poisoning your mind.

• 4 weeks ago

yes, normal for some people.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Your friend was once a baby and then a little boy and then a big boy but still a minor... Let's just say that for parents old habits die hard and this will probably fade with time (although I'm over 30 and my mom still calls me "sweetie".

• 4 weeks ago

it does sound weird

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Are you a male or female ROFL.

• 4 weeks ago

Dads do a great many things to embarrass their kids. It's just a form of toughening his child up. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.