Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 9 months ago

Any idea what this could be? *Lump on Cat’s Back*?

I was petting my cat and noticed a hard lump on her back. With further investigation I saw that it had a bit of blood coming from it (see attached photo). Obviously she is going to the vet to make sure it isn’t malignant, but I was just wondering if anyone has had the same thing happen to their cat? Kinda worried!

• Ocimom

Hope its a minor thing. I've never had this on any of my cats. Does your cat go outside? It could be an infected bug bite.

• Maxi

The majority of these types of 'lumps' are nothing serious, however if you are concerned you need a vet to look at it and what treatment it needs, as even none serious/non malignant can if left turn into something more serious........

Got checked out - ended up being fine and was treated accordingly -OP

Yeah people are ALWAYS taking the animal to the vet 'tomorrow' on this site.... but in the meantime, look and see if they can save the money and get a thousand total strangers to cure it... Go to a vet, cheapskate.

My car had one of those. It’s just a scratch, if it doesn’t heal soon take her to a vet

Is she an outdoor cat. Could have been in a fight.

do you have a question? it needs to be in the header, properly formatted, and starting with an interrogative pronoun.