Should I ask for a leave or not from my new job?

Hello, everyone. So I recently got hired as a seasonal employee for the month of November till January 6th. During the interview, the manager asked if I will be available on black friday, boxing day, christmas and I said yes🗿. Now in December I plan to visit my family in my home country and on Jan I have a trip planned with my friends to Bali. I said yes to all those days cause I was very desperate for a job and I got this one job after a really long time. Now I am thinking If I ask for a leave will they take me back or even allow me to leave? Should I either cancel all of my trips and stay back or go on my trips and hope for the best that maybe ill still have my job when I return. Any suggestion/help will be appreciated.

They will probably fire you if you ask for time off now after you already said you were available.

• Eva

They will not be happy with you leaving in December to visit family. That's the time they will need you the most. You might not have to postpone your January trip, as things slow down right after the first of the year. As a part time, seasonal employee you are not entitled to leave.

Short-term seasonal employees do not get any leave time or vacation. You are needed, and they ONLY hired you because you specified you were willing an able to work those specific very-high traffic days. Go back now & claim you need time off & lose that job. You work every day as scheduled until 6 January.

• C

So,you lied about your availability.

Do not put this job on your resume. Plan on a long job search after this as well. You were hired as holiday help (after a long time jobless) and you had / have no intention of actually following through. It's time to start considering what you want, long term. It definitely will involve some sacrifice of vacation time.

• Sorry but you might as well quit. You're not even going to be there for more then a month or two, if these trips are a more then a week long. You told your employer that you were available for those days now you're backing out on them. When you have a job work should be a priority. Also some places do not let you take time off during the holidays, this is usually called a black out period. You should have asked your employer when your plans came up if you would be allowed to take the time. You can ask them for the time off but they can deny it, specially if they need people to work during the holidays.

No. You had your chance during the interview.

let your employer know. if you tell them you don't have any trips coming up then don't plan any especially if it is seasonal. if you only got 1 offer in a REALLY.. long time then set your standards lower the restaurant industry has a HIGH turn over rate. it's an income still and you can use it until you find a job in your field.

• Judy

They can't stop you from going, but o they won't let you come back. Either cancel your trips or the job is gone for you.

My suggestion to you is to get an education!

It would quickly be your former job.