Ikeshia asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

What is your view on pitbulls?

Like any breed it depends on the dogs genetics and up bringing. One huge female pit bull was on the 12 acres where I kept my horse, it kept it's distance for days at the back of the 12 acres and it looked huge from that distance! I was out one day by myself and it was just sitting by an old horse trailer, I decided to call it, I started to call to it and clap my hands it started running toward me like a freight train, dust clouds following it. She ran past me and then back towards me, fell down and peed all over herself, I called her G.G. short for good girl, she had been sitting by the old horse trailer waiting for her puppies to come back, but the coyotes got to them, I brought her up to the ranch, she never looked at any of the livestock, cats or other dogs, she was wonderful, I kept her there until I could find here a good home. She had dug a hole under the old trailer, had her puppies and was sitting there, waiting, it was so sad, she was so happy someone called to her. I hate the idea the people use them for pleasure and gambling in fighting rings around the world.

• Beverly
      4 weeks agoReport

Lets remember all the good okay? I still tear up thinking about her.

Me personally I don't want one

They're fine as long as you keep them inside a crate at all times, which is what I do with mine

• Ikeshia1 month agoReport

It can cause aggressive behavior so therefore it is people like you who cause them to be aggressive. If you are going to keep it in a crate then give it to someone who will take better care of it.

I will never own one again. I want nothing to do with them. I put out good effort to get a couple of them to fit in with my other dogs but they were dog aggressive, as most are. I could not keep either one & will never put that kind of effort in a pit again. I won't ever try again.

• Ikeshia1 month agoReport

The person who you got them from could have mistreated them or the dog was from an incest family.

Depends what side of the pit bull it is, or how many. Just like one’s view on anything, the angle is the deciding factor.

Some are cute. :)

I grew up with one. (I didn't own one but I lived with one for a few years AS A KID yet I am STILL ALIVE and NEVER got attacked.) It was my babysitter's dog and she was the sweetest girl ever. She never bite or attacked anyone. Her name was Nikita. He of course wasn't an abusive owner and knew how to raise and care for one properly.

People like anna need to get over the fact that NOT ALL pitbulls are vicious dogs.

NOT saying that ALL of them are good though. (Learn how to read night terror)

Jeez don't need to get your panties all up in a bunch. We all have our own opinions. Lmao

• NightTerror
      1 month agoReport

Wow - one dog defines the entire breed. Please tell this to the over 260 people who have been killed by pit bulls this year. Many of them children and many were beloved pets whose owners loved them and treated them like family.

Keep your liability insurance up to date, and don't let your dog off the leash.

They are a dog that can be good or bad based on the owners.

There are no evil or bad dogs just crummy or abusive owners.

• Lorraine
      1 month agoReport

That is absolute rubbish Candy...... a dogs fundamental temperament is based on genetics and although a dogs temperament can be nurtured and managed, you will NEVER change the underlying genetics.

Theres no such thing as a bad dog, just a bad owner. Pitbulls are wonderful when raised wonderfully, and horrible when raised horribly, and that goes for all dog breeds.

• NightTerror
      1 month agoReport

There are many cases of pit bulls being raised with children and other pets and one day, out of nowhere and for no apparent reason the pit decides to attack. You never know when their fighting instincts will kick in but you better not be around when they do.

• Kyle

they are a breed of dogs. like a German Shepard.