What happens when you call your own phone number?

So this randomly came into my mind and i was curious to know the answer.

I wanted to try it out myself but then i got scared thinking if i call myself something bad might happen. What if i call myself and while it's calling i get a phone call from myself and i have to answer it and my voice has nowhere to go but my own phone. i'm scared my phone might glitch out and break if i attempt this. i asked my friend to try this out but then she laughed at me then she saw i was serious and replied no to me. Was she doing this because she knows that her phone might break too if she calls her own number?

I know this is a bit much for me to ask, but if anyone here has a phone that they are willing to risk calling their own number and getting glitches (maybe)... please do it. Thank you so much for doing it for me, if you do attempt it please tell me what happened when you did this in exact detail. THANKS !!!

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

I get sent to my voicemail

• don r
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The first time I tried that was in the early 1960's. I got a busy signal and no trouble. Go see what you get.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Voicemail troll person.

• 4 weeks ago

Try it.

Nothing bad can happen.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

ive done it when i needed to find my tracfone and nothing happened

• 1 month ago

Wow, ******* troll. I did this and my phone exploded. I needed to put it in rice for nearly 2 hours before it started healing itself. Now it probably resents me too!

• 1 month ago

If you have a landline, you get a busy signal. On mobile, it goes to voicemail.

• James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

if you call your own number you get a busy signal

• Brian
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

If you have a phone to call your phone, then yes you can talk to yourself. Otherwise, you are only going to get a busy signal or sent to voice mail.

• 1 month ago

We don't want phones to realize they exist. That will be the end of us.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.