Is it usual to have to deal with rude coworkers more than most job while working at a mechanic shop ?

• zipper

HAY THEY ARE EVER WERE! GET USE TO IT PAL!

• Dan

Yes is the simple answer. It's not a job that puts anybody in a great mood.

The workers at a mechanics shop are not normally the most socially skilled people.

Aww. Somebody hurt your feelings?  What are you? Gay or a pansy? Where the fuuck did you get your training at?

.  We are not rude to each other, hell, not even to the customer...but that car never seems to listen.

.  Fortunately after toking on some weed and a coffee, I will attack again with renewed vigor.  Actually, we swear more at the car designers....who are not there except in the mechanical "thing" on the rack.  Like much of it  is, "How the "eff" am I suppose to service that when they placed it in the back 9? 

They definitely are on "better" drugs in the design dept.

.They don't seem to care about the mechanic.

There has not been one car I have liked as they all are dirty and scratch and tear at my skin or burn me or other.   They attacked me first so I am in there with a 3 pound ball peen hammer to hurt the car back.

It is not a matter of Low Education.  We know more words in the English language(and a few dozen foreign ones than any University professor). It's descriptive terminology whilst letting go of some angst or pent up frustration or while we contemplate our next move.

. Mechanics R sensitive guys. But there are certain words that have a UNIVERSAL meaning. One four letter word that can mean so many different things just by the way it is said.

Don't believe me.  Check out You Tube - George Carlin as he analyzes that word and all it meanings.  He explains it the best.

Then you too will be enlightened.

It is in EVERY TRADE. Sometimes the women are worse then the men.

40+ year mechanic

• dark4 weeks agoReport

It's funny how you attribute such thoughts of me that I've never been associate with . No , I'm only attracted to women and more inclined to beautiful ones.

• ron h

When men work among men, we get to swearing A LOT.  That's not really rude b/c it's meaningless. If you don't swear, it's cool, but men are not allowed to be offended by other men swearing when only men are around.  I've got a sailor mouth and I used to work with a really good guy who would not have said "sh!t" if he had a mouthful.  But he NEVER said anything about my language. 

it depends on who youre working with, everyone is different

Either you're a piss poor mechanic or else you're dealing with sales people.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • bo

been in the business over forty years dealt with great mechanics who I remain friends with and quite a few a/holes. its part of any business

• not

Mechanics don't coddle much. Many other trades are similar.