Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 4 weeks ago

Why do women stay married to criminals?

I know a woman whose husband is currently in jail and she’s still with him. They have a little boy together. He’s serving a 1 year sentence and will be out soon. Honestly, I fear for the baby.

32 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

A 1 year sentence sounds like it might not be a very serious offence. One misdemeanor can be a mistake, it doesn't make a man a criminal.

• 4 weeks ago

She has kids with him ..

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

This kind of depends on what crime one has committed. Plenty of people do silly, nonviolent things and spend some short period of time in jail (or even prison). Their lives and finances are clearly devastated by this in most cases. But if you're already married with child to one of these guys you probably feel like you owe him a chance to rebuild himself.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Chauvinism.... No matter how ugly the man is, in chauvinistic societies women are taught that they are still worth less.

Hopefully in the future this will change, no kid should be left with criminals and their naive women.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

my mother was married to a pedophile who molested me. she was a cruel and heartless *****, same as him. that's why. generally in these twisted marriages one does the dirty work, the other covers it up, and they hide behind religion/money, and have addictions (alcohol in this case). they fool their friends due to having strong NPD and take credit for helping their kids when in truth they are sadistic butchers. humans are swill. 

• 4 weeks ago

First of all not all women do that second it's not your problem even if he ended up getting arrested and it was mistake and he's innocent it's none of your business and even if he is a terrible person it's none of your business. People may not want to but they should only get involved and call the cops if there's any abuse going on.

• 4 weeks ago

Criminals may get attracted to criminals.

• Lita
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

It's her business why she stays married to him, no one else's.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Some like that. Who does pay the bills?

• 4 weeks ago

What crime is he serving time in prison for ?

He might come out a changed man.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.