is this facebook story on immigration true?

i just saw someone claim that the mass immigration which is happening in england, that the government are encouraging migrants flooding in to go to the north of england and they will be rewarded if they do settle here?

well i'm in the north and i was extremely worried and concerned by this story...as i am against mass migration in britain...nothing wrong with restricted controlled immigration, but i'm against this mass immigration.

does anyone know if this claim is true or likely to be fake news?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Conventional immigrants go wherever they please. In the UK in many cases this is London and environs because this is where the perceive the best employment opportunities to be. But in the UK, just as in the US, the refugee resettlement goes to the places where the cost of housing is cheaper. This is why in the US the biggest concentration of asylum resettlement is in places like Minnesota and Michigan (hence the election of people like Ilhan Omar). So yeah, it's cheaper to live in Leeds than to live in London so you may very well be seeing more of this brand of resettlement.

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

You are obsessed with idiots on social media and extreme right wing racist groups who make claims about 'mass immigration' to put fear into the uneducated in the UK...there is no 'mass immigration' apart from EU citizens who at this moment in time migrate en mass which Brexit will stop........ you have too much time on your hands and need to get out and WORK or even volunteer so you start to join the real world and speak to real people, istead you will sit in your benefits flat and continue to do the same as you have been for years... which is nothing but sitting and reading/watching racist nonsense

• 3 weeks ago

The leftists in the governments of the western democracies - not just the UK - are deliberately encouraging mass immigration by people from poisonous cultures in order to destabilize the western democracies. They want to replaces the democracies with a society like in "1984" by Orwell, and themselves as Big Brother.

• 3 weeks ago

Sure; it would be terrible if migrants moved to help support the NHS, and all sorts of other jobs that are currently unfilled.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Well, London can't hold any more of them.

• 3 weeks ago

It is a little bit of both.

Mass migration is not just a British issue and it was not a deliberate act of the government, it is a world wide issue triggered by the ease of travel and the natural instinct of people to find work where they can.

Yes the British government is encouraging more migrants to settle in the north The idea is to spread them across the UK rather than letting them cluster in the south where employment is easier.

• 3 weeks ago

it might be true or it wouldnt be on facebook

• 3 weeks ago

an American Q and A site is probably not the best place to get an answer to this question

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.