Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

My friends dad calls him by “sweetie’’ is it normal?

My friend is a 21 years old guy and his dad is 48. Yesterday I was at his house when his dad called to him he was in the bathroom so he ask me to answer for him. It was his dad who answers it saying “ hi sweetie, are mom at home?’’ I thouth its very much weird!!

Yeah, it's probably something he's called him for a long time. Ronald Reagan used to call his wife "mommy." Each family has its own little quirks.

You may be worrying too much.

• Linda

Yes it's weird. If he was a girl it'd be different entirely. I guess every family is different.

No idea I mean I don’t know them

What does it matter whether it is "normal"? It's nobody else's business.

• y

Names of endearment in families can be all over the place, to not understand this. Is the weird thing. To not have to in ones home, is a sad thing.

uh no. thats a deffinate red flag

it does sound weird

Some families are just more affectionate than others, if this type of thing is the only “strange” thing you’ve seen I doubt there’s anything suspicious going on

• Mandy

Personally, I am stuck on him asking “are mom at home”? He actually said “are”?

• Leslie4 weeks agoReport

It could just be a typo, or maybe either the question asker or father isn’t a native English speaker. Maybe they just threw it in there for laughs. Language is a social construct anyway. It’s not a big deal, my friend. 😉