What do you consider you hometown?

Stupid debate with someone but curious for others opinion... so this map is where I'm originally from.  Born in sailsbury lived In china grove.. now all these citys all the way down to Charlotte area are within a 8-25 minute drive.  Spent alot of my childhood In all these citys..its actually part of Charlotte metro.  I consider all these towns my home.  But am being told that its not considered home unless you live their.. just curious.. do you consider the meteo area home or only the town you have a home in?again stupid question lol

wow!  really this stupid?  when people ask where you from?  you answer by the city or the village at where you live.   Not the place you born.   If you were born in Japan because your dad works at Toyota and then your family moved back to China Grove when you were five, then your current hometown is China Grove and not Osaka. 

Superman is from Krypton but his hometown where he grew up is Smallville in Kansas.  

Born on mars and proud of it

I never knew people had multiple ideas of what a hometown is. I always thought it was where you are originally from like sathi siran said.

a small hometown in NY STATE

The answer to that question depends entirely on where you are when asked the question and who is asking. If you are travelling in Europe and someone asks where you are from, you would start off answering "the USA". Asked for more detail you would say North Carolina. If you were in the USA you would start off answering North Carolina and then say Charlotte if asked for more detail. If you are in North Carolina, you start off with Charlotte and give the town name when asked. If you are in Charlotte, you give the town name then more detail such as "north" or "east of the river" or whatever. For general use, however, you use the name of the closest town or city the person might have heard of so rather than saying "China Grove" you might say "near Charlotte" then clarify if pressed.

I consider my hometown to be where I grew up and went to high school. I left it in my rearview mirror after graduation. I don’t have family there any more and would NEVER want to move back, but I still call it my hometown.

• .

The one I currently live in, may change every 5 to 10 years

I consider the metro area as my hometown. I never lived in the City of Pittsburgh, but have lived in four different locations around the city limits.

Just consider yourself from Charlotte. I'm from norwalk CA which is very close to Los Angeles. It's not considered part of LA but it's part of LA county. It's pretty much the same thing. I just tell people I'm from LA because it's a pretty good chance alot of people never heard of the little town I'm originally from.

• Jason

Born in Maryland, never considered it my hometown 'coz the sob of my father was from Maryland, I consider my mom's birthplace as hometown and that's my current town in NC