Boss offered new position, but?

My boss offered me a new position with the possibility of a pay increase. I've asked if me boss had gotten a reply on the pay at least twice. I haven't said yes exactly, but I have shown interest in the position. I found out Friday that my boss is now doing interviews for the position. Should I be concerned? Should I just say yes to the position even if I don't know what kind of pay increase is involved? It's the weekend and I want to text me boss that I want the position, but was waiting to finalize the change until we heard back on the pay. Should I text or wait until Monday?

The first rule for a job interview is to never ask about money. In this case, it wasn't a new job, but a new position; however the logic is the same. When you ask about salary, especially several times, as you have, you're sending the message to your boss that the main reason you want the new position is for the money. Bad message:and very low on your your boss's priority list. You may have blown it this time unless he can't find anyone else.

• Pat Wooden
      4 weeks agoReport

I should add that if you are called in for a second interview or are offered the position, then is the time to mention salary.  The first interview should be all about the duties of the position and your qualifications.

• John

Looks to me like you missed a bit of lint in your navel. You might want to examine it again. Take your time.

You should TALK to your boss ASAP.  Here's the deal:  if the company is interviewing for the position, they have determined the pay scale for that job.  Whether or not that scale offers an increase to your current wage is unknown.  So is whether or not your boss wants to give you a raise.  ASK. NEGOTIATE.  Only take the job if you are willing to do that job at your current salary.  Don't do it if you'll feel resentful if you don't get a raise.  

Since you have not responded, he may think you are not interested and is looking for someone else. If you want it, they certainly let him know as soon as possible.