Can I travel to the USSR with an Australian passport?

If you also have a tourist visa, sure.

a) The USSR has not existed since 1991.

b) The USSR was 13 countries when it did exist, but worked together as a single entity, and with Russia being the main/dominant nation.

c) You can travel to ANY, or all, of the former USSR nations on a current Australian passport and a relevant visa or visas.

• RICK

Since the USSR has not existed in years that would be a big NO

If you are an Australian citizen with currently valid passport + appropriate Russian visa, you can.

Well, it isn't called the USSR any more. Officially speaking, Russia is no longer the "United Soviet Socialist Republic", it is allegedly democratic... but gee, that Vladmir Putin seems to be pretty good at winning elections...

You would also need to apply for a visa to travel to Russia. Yes, you would need your passport (your Australian passport, if you are Australian), but you will also need to apply for a visa, which you can do at a Russian embassy. Whether you are just a tourist or staying for a longer time, you will need to be granted a visa.

• Who?1 month agoReport

What are you talking about? I need to visit the USSR!!!

• Huh?

Only if you have a TARDIS, as the USSR was wound up in 1991. You can travel to Russia or one of the post-Soviet states but the conditions are generally a bit of a pain. Check with official Australian travel advice for exact conditions.

• Who?1 month agoReport

What are you talking about? The year is 1976 isn't it?

• Brian

Only if you have a time machine.

SO long as the passport is a time machine

• Who?1 month agoReport

I beg your pardon?
      I don't understand. I need to visit the USSR and I don't know if I can travel with my Australian passport or a fake one...