Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

If churches are such honorable stewards of the money given, why are they so afraid to upload pdfs of their IRS Form 990s to their websites?

Such forms are public records anyway, but a hassle to obtain. It's time to make it easy on people so that they can give to the organizations where passing the plate and 'giving to the Lord' means giving to the Lord.

I've never seen even ONE church anywhere do this. In addition, they should upload to their websites, all supporting documents which show the itemized detailed numbers which make up the numbers contained on the Form 990s. Health care and cell phones for all the employees, pastor's expense accounts that include meals, car expenses, travel expenses to seminars, workshops, etc. in Hawaii, Israel, India, etc. The list goes on and on.

• Who intimated to you that all churches are honorable stewards?

• Joe

Demonstrate how you know that churches are "afraid" to do this.

• Bryce

Religion is in the business of fraud. Since it is allowed to exist, religions should pay taxes because they use government services.

• ReynаIdо Weeks
      4 weeks agoReport

They don't make any profits, dumbass. LOL! You have no clue what all's involved.

You also don't know anything about about business administration or accounting.

Any parishioner and the IRS have access to the financial information.

The Clergy take the collection basket behind closed doors.

First they pick out the coins and curse the stingy parishioners.

Then they hurl the paper money and checks into the air. ...

God takes what he needs from that. (A needy God?)

The Clergy gets what falls to the ground.. And the coins.

• Probably for the same reason I don't want to post my 1040 on Twitter.

They aren't afraid, dumbass. Many do. If they don't you can get a copy from the IRS.

Update: They aren't a hassle to get. You can order them on line.

Update 2: After seeing that it's obvious you've had a failed life and you dislike religion merely for the sake of hating something to feel superior to be able to get some self esteem so fuϲk you and good bye until you learn something about accounting, business, and the tax code.

I shouldn't have even started with a weak, insecure, little bítch hiding like a coward behind a blue face.

• Dze

nobody does that its a privacy issue and people will alot of times try to manipulate you with private information .. you should post up all your financial records on facebook along with your address ...

• Same reason I don't post my tax return on Facebook I suppose