Water main leak? In a grassy area between parking lots, by my apartment, a lot of water is coming out of the ground.?

It seems to be coming from a pipe. Thank you. I need to report it to the office, but I do not know very many plumbing terms. Should I refer to it as a water main leak? Thank you!

Ok, thank you!

Sounds like a burst water main.

An underground sprinkler pipe would put out a lot of water.  Just describing where it is located suggests it is sprinkler.  Plumber would fix it. or sprinkler guys.  The LL knows what is there.

• Shark

make sure it's not running on your meter

You don't NEED to know ANY plumbing terms. You don't even need to know IF there is any plumbing involved. You just report water coming out of the ground.

Your selection of 'Best Answer' is actuallyu the WORST ANSWER.

• elhigh

Just report it as water spewing from underground. Might want to call the local utility, they're likely to respond faster - and to actually begin to do something about it immediately - than the apartment office.

Just say they have a spring and it may be a geyser if they don't do something. And, can you take some of the chairs from around the swimming pool and watch the show.

...but I do not know very many plumbing terms..... you are not being asked to make a 30 page technical report here, LOL.. Just tell that what you see. That's all that's needed.

Dear me, you don't need to make a technical report. Just tell 'em, like you told us, there's a lot of water coming out of the ground and it seems to be coming from a pipe. And tell them where. Believe it or not, they'll understand that.

• 4 weeks agoReport

your answer is basically the same as mine, but mine is much better.

say: 'there's a sh-ite load of water spraying out the ground, it needs sorting out asap'.