How do I pay property tax in Texas without mortgage ? ?

I need to know where I go to pay property tax without a mortgage. Just like a website or a place in Texas I can go to pay property tax alone. 

• B

depending on where you live, you would go to the county tax collector who collects the property tax

• GEEGEE

You should get a bill from your county tax collector. That's what happens in Florida, anyway.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Send your money to where the tax bill came from. They are very clear about who it is owed to.

• Judy

Depends on where in TX you live. There's not just one tax collector for the whole state. It should say on your tax bill. If it doesn't, call the county courthouse and ask.

It's your County or State Department of Revenue, depending how it's done in Texas. If you got a bill, doesn't it say where to pay it?

I get a bill every year and pay it every year by 12/31.

Wherever the bill says to send the payment, usually to the county tax assessor's office.

• Glenn S
      1 month agoReport

The County Tax Collector and County Tax Assessor's Offices have two entirely different functions. The Assessor's Office does not collect any taxes, but only puts values on property.

• Eva

The address should be right on the property tax bill.

• Joe

(I am not in Texas.)

If you're in a municipality, check at town hall.  Mine has a tax collector's office.

Texas, no doubt, has a lot of unincorporated areas.  There's probably a county office that handles it in rural areas.

Yout tax bill should indicate how and where to pay it.

Having a mortgage has nothing to do with property taxes.

• RICK
      1 month agoReport

Sure they do
      My property payments were paid by my mortgage company until I paid off my mortgage...
      Its called scrow and is very common