How do I pay property tax in Texas without mortgage ? ?

I need to know where I go to pay property tax without a mortgage. Just like a website or a place in Texas I can go to pay property tax alone. 

17 Answers

Relevance
  • B
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

depending on where you live, you would go to the county tax collector who collects the property tax

• GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You should get a bill from your county tax collector. That's what happens in Florida, anyway.

• 1 month ago

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Send your money to where the tax bill came from. They are very clear about who it is owed to.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on where in TX you live. There's not just one tax collector for the whole state. It should say on your tax bill. If it doesn't, call the county courthouse and ask.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's your County or State Department of Revenue, depending how it's done in Texas. If you got a bill, doesn't it say where to pay it?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I get a bill every year and pay it every year by 12/31.

• 1 month ago

Wherever the bill says to send the payment, usually to the county tax assessor's office.

• Glenn S
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The County Tax Collector and County Tax Assessor's Offices have two entirely different functions. The Assessor's Office does not collect any taxes, but only puts values on property.

• Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The address should be right on the property tax bill.

• Joe
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

(I am not in Texas.)

If you're in a municipality, check at town hall.  Mine has a tax collector's office.

Texas, no doubt, has a lot of unincorporated areas.  There's probably a county office that handles it in rural areas.

• 1 month ago

Yout tax bill should indicate how and where to pay it.

Having a mortgage has nothing to do with property taxes.

• RICK
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Sure they do
      My property payments were paid by my mortgage company until I paid off my mortgage...
      Its called scrow and is very common

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.