My grandfather is mad that i don t want to vote.?

He is a Vietnam veteran. He is mad that i don t want to vote. He says, "That s why i served, so you can be able to vote.". Well, i was under the impression that soldiers fight for our freedom. Which includes the freedom to choose if i want to vote or not. But i guess he doesn t see it that way. Personally i don t vote because i think the system is so corrupt that the act of voting is put in place just to give the people the allusion of choice when in reality there really isn t one. And registering to vote also puts your name in the hat for Jury duty and other things that i could just do without. He also seems to be totally unaware that the entire premise for going into Vietnam was a lie. in 1967 a letter was written stating that the Chiefs of staff lied about US ships being attacked by Vietnam. Specifically the USS Maddox. That lie is what caused us to get directly involved in that conflict in the first place. So those are the people he served. Dishonest corrupt pieces of trash that brainwash people into thinking they are serving for their country when in reality all they are doing is serving corrupt politicians. . And this is the system i m supposed to support by voting? I understand people might not agree with me. But isn t that the whole point? We all can choose for ourselves. He thinks i have an obligation to vote. And if i don t vote i should leave "his" country. How should i handle this? Should i Just pretend to vote to shut him up? Or stand my ground on my beliefs?

tell him you changed your mind and will vote.

• Stan

Just humour the guy who just happens to be your grandfather, it's call respect. War is sweet to those who have not fought in it.

YOU are to stupid to vote. Tell him that... IT'S NONE OF HIS BUSINESS IF you vote or not.

• Tara

Your Grandfather risk his life for your freedom … this is a big deal to him (he experienced it) … and it really bothers most veterans who are not appreciative of what he did .. in his eyes, voting is probably part of what he fought for.

IF YOU ARE A LIBERAL IDIOT, I WOULD PREFER YOU DIDN'T VOTE

If nobody votes by 2050 all of the children will be saying "What is voting and how do we vote?". You should use your ability to vote, it'd be respectful to our country, your grandfather, and more.

i would just tell him you dont want to talk about it, i havent voted and i still get bothered with letters about jury duty, they find you anyways whether you vote or not. i think they might do it from your state id or driver's license

you're an ungrateful twit

Do not vote then.  However if you do not vote then you should not speak out against those who are in office.

Former SSgt.

• MrGizmo7571 month agoReport

Do you see this comment thread? this is why i choose to not to vote. Most "Voters" act like angry children. So why bother? "When you have selfish ignorant people, you end up with Selfish ignorant leaders". That's a Carlin Quote. And you guys are proving it to be accurate.

Why the hell would I vote if I can't stand the people that are running for office?