Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Where does Bernie Sanders get the idea that healthcare should be a "right". When it is obvious that it should be something you have to earn?

Through a lifetime of hard work and saving money, combined with timely monthly payments of premiums, anyone can earn the right to a night in a hospital. So why does he think that people who don't save money or pay premiums should just be given care, when the rest of us did it the responsible way?

• humpty

Maybe the idea comes from the right to an education our great great grandparents decided every child should have. Since the educated American working class was a principal component of American greatness it can be argued that is not only a benefit to individuals but to the nation as well.

Would a healthier American working class have the same benefit? Would a longer, healthier life be a benefit to both nation and citizen alike? Bernie Sanders thinks so, and I agree with him.

In Canada, where they have a universal, single payer system, the average lifespan is eleven years longer than ours. The infant mortality rate is less than one fifth of ours! Ask even a conservative Canadian and they will tell you health care is a right, and should be.

As for getting coverage "the responsible way," I was born with mine. When I went to work in the hospital my coverage was part of the union benefits package. Fortunately I have never needed my coverage for anything the bean counters could call a pre existing condition, but I got mine from family coverage, then work.

That's white privilege working, in part, and fortunate genetics. I am so glad to have both, but the core of my liberal values is "what we want for ourselves we want for others." The word "liberal" means generosity. Liberals are generous, and believe all Americans deserve at least part of the American dream fulfilled.

What has "conservative" come to mean? Just what is being conserved?

From the rest of the developed world you brainless f**k!!!

Every industrialized nation has universal healthcare in some form or another, no country on earth has heard of the insane and ridiculous scenario of medical debt bankruptcy!!!

In fact Universal healthcare started in Germany as early as 1883, and here we are in the 21st century in 2019 still trying to decide if it’s a right or a privilege! It really doesn’t get any f*****g dumber than that does it you numbnut!!!

But I tell you what, why don’t we just scrap our current protections now under threat, let’s get rid of those pesky protections of pre-existing conditions or unlimited care in a serious illness, you and your loved ones have enough money to cover long term cancer care don’t you, you have hundreds of thousands of dollars going into the millions to cope when the insurance pulls the plug because you have maxed out don’t you?.......like f**k you do!!!!

Typical idiot con......I don’t care about anything, until it happens to me!

2020 G7 Summit to be held at Dump Doral.

• Rick

he's just making crap-up as he goes along .............................

• Maximus
      1 month agoReport

Nah, that’s just you swallowing lies and crap that the US healthcare industry and conservatives shove down your easily manipulated dumb throat!!! You stupid, stupid bastard!!!

• Thorn

he knows our tax dollars should be going towards helping us and not in the pockets of the filthy rich

"Where does Bernie Sanders get the idea that healthcare should be a "right"" Perhaps because he knows that everyone that has "earned" is is 30 days of unemployment from having no healthcare coverage.

So, if you get cancer, lose your job because you can't work, lose your health insurance because you have no income, I guess you should just die then.

• Rayal

Poor people and people who are not productive should be denied health care and can go die in an alley?

Does that sum up your philosophy Adolf?

• Maximus
      1 month agoReport

Universal healthcare started in Germany as early as 1883 in Otto Von Bismarck’s social legislation and is quite possibly the oldest national healthcare system in the world!

Here’s the problem. The right considers a “right” something the government can’t take away.

The left considers a “right” something the government should provide by taxing one segment of society.

• Sfancik
      1 month agoReport

Is due process "free"?  What about interstate travel?  Is that free?  Or even policing our rights to privacy, assembly, marriage, bearing arms?  There's taxpayer cost to all our freedoms or they are effectively, "taken away". 

What if a five year old needs emergency medical care, but she hasn't earned it yet?

• Thorn
      1 month agoReport

many cons here would have no problem with that little girl dying.

He is a silly old guy who confuses wants with rights. 

Who is going to pay for those rights? Bernie?