The porn block plan has been dropped - good day to bury bad news?

Bury the bad news that it was an illconceived, unworkable and possibly counter-productive measure.

anyway - get of my f****** laptop

---Anon - it was due to be introduced, twice before maybe. The time you mention, it was scrapped due to a supposed EU related paperwork error - whatever that was meant to be. Anyway, they put in this delay, then dropped it now.

Phew, thought I was going to have to rely on my imagination like the old days

Probably because they couldn't come up with a viable definition for porn. I was a topless model in college. Was the stuff I took pornographic or not? Depends on who you talk too. I will say I saw more skin when I was on the beaches of Menorca a couple of months ago than what I put on display for the camera. But the question would something like that be blocked by the new filters.

If you have no way of implementing a proposal successfully, whatever the purpose might be, it's a f*cking stupid idea!

Just like Brexshit really!

So they finally realized it's impossible to block porn. Wonder what took them so long.

• Biff

I don't know why they thought it would ever work when it could be bypassed using a VPN. Some browsers even include a free VPN.

I thought it was supposed to have happened in July.

But if you are into that kind of thing it is good news, I guess.