Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 4 weeks ago

Weddings receptions. What do you think of the idea that at wedding receptions, that they serve Only ONE glass of liquor per person.?

That is it.. Your thoughts on this?

Update:

NO MORE ANSWERS NEEDED AFTER OCTOBER 17, 2019.  THANK YOU TO ALL WHO ALREADY RESPONDED THOUGH.

23 Answers

Relevance
  • C
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago
    Best answer

I've been to numerous weddings where no alcohol was served at all. Happy couple can't afford it, reception in a church that doesn't allow it, family member embarrass themselves when the drink. I live in a rural state. If I want to get drunk, it's probably cheaper to buy it and sit home and drink it rather than drive to a wedding and hope I drink more than I paid in fuel.

Bring a flask if you can't go an afternoon without getting drunk.

P. S. sounds like you've got a problem. There's someone else on the forum griping about not having booze at a bridal shower. Maybe your two should meet.

• 3 weeks ago

Have champagne for the bridal party or none.

• 4 weeks ago

dont go to your friends/family weddings to get wasted. the couple may think its unethical or expensive. buy your own liquor

• 4 weeks ago

It seems pointless to give guests a minimum of one drink unless it is for a toast, but I don't think weddings should be focused on the drinking aspect. It's a formal event and probably shouldn't have any alcohol really.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

i...don't give a damn...

wedding receptions are about the food for me. then I leave.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

So what? This prevents "drunk" people causing problems.

• C
      Lv 7
      4 weeks agoReport

I suppose it *might.* A couple years ago, a woman said she found out after the wedding her grandmother was in the church bathroom drinking from a flask.

• Kelly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I don't drink so I'd be indifferent on it.

Most weddings I attend are an open bar, some have drink limits, others have a cash bar, etc.. some have no bar.

Alcohol isn't mandatory for a wedding.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It's fine. I don't go to wedding receptions to drink.

Although I'll fully admit my friends and I went to a pub directly after attending a Mormon wedding reception. Talk about dull...

• 4 weeks ago

It really depends on many different factors.  There are certainly receptions where the only alcohol is a single glass of champagne for a toast. There are totally dry weddings.  The reason for this shouldn't be due to the couple being cheap, but rather that they don't drink.

The reception is the couples "thank you" gift to the guests of their wedding.  As such, giving guests one drink might call attention to the fact that the couple aren't being generous.  

• drip
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

At that point just don’t serve alcohol.

• Brian
    Lv 6
    4 weeks ago

I'd just bring a flask.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.