Is it best if the woman is the dominant one in the relationship?

Think about it, if we have a pet rabbit and we want it to be together with a pet dog or cat, in order for this to work, the dog needs to be submissive while the rabbit needs to be assertive.

If the dog is aggressive, it can be a danger to the rabbit, so it won't work. So the rabbit needs to be the dominant one while the dog is the gentle one.

The same logic applies to men and women.

https://pets.thenest.com/cats-rabbits-along-8256.h...

The same applies to rabbits and cats.

• Fusion

Dogs are intelligent enough that they can be trained to both not harm rabbits as well as keep cats in line. Rabbits can do neither of those. You need the biggest and strongest to be the dominant one, because the biggest and strongest needs to be responsible for both how they use their own strength as well as keeping everyone else in line.

If you're dating a female bodybuilder then sure, she should probably be the dominant one, if not then chances are that you're capable of causing more physical harm to her and more capable of keeping her from physically harming you, which means that you need to take responsibility for both of your safety.

But you’re talking about interspecies relationship. In the same species, the males wouldn’t just kill the females for no reason at all. Because they need them for sex. The same case with humans. Even though men are much more dominant, they wouldn’t just kill the women for food or because they feel like doing it.

Your logic doesn't works. Women still value men who are dominant, assertive and stand for themselves. Men who are pushovers, submissive are the ones whose wives cheat on them. It's the submissive men who kill their wives for cheating and it only happens because the guy is too weak.

I think women are better suited to be the dominant one these days. They tend to have the skills more needed to navigate in the modern world.They are more aggressive and take charge nowadays and use soft power to get their way. Men have become used to being under their authority. It's easier for men to just go along with what the woman says.

It depends on the couple but women tend to be in a stronger position.

• Bill

Lol.

A rabbit is never going to be dominant. A rabbit is pray and like any other pray animal is not out to do anything except eat and reproduce.

• DKG
      4 weeks agoReport

Oh for Frith's sake, it is prey animal.

I enjoy a dominant mistress who will edge me for hours, but that’s not universal.

Silly girl I'm not going to subscribe to that. I'm in charge.

Source(s): nothing M
  • Elana

Thing is, dogs literally eat rabbits. So would many cats.

Rabbits are prey. Dogs are predators. So are cats.

Rabbits are unlikely to attack either dogs or cats.

Women, on the other hand, *ARE* likely to attack men, or at least as a likely as men are to attack women:

http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

Of course, men are far less likely to get hurt than women, but IT MATTERS who starts the attack.

Moreover, there are a lot more to the dynamics of a relationship than simply who can beat the other person up. For instance, since women are often more socially adept, they are in a pretty good position to abuse their partners in other ways than physical attack (i.e. "pushing his buttons")

Which is to say, women DO abuse men.

No, I am not saying that men should be the dominant ones, but no, I certainly don't agree with your logic that women should be.

Nor am I going to say we should all live in peace love and happiness with no "domination". That isn't realistic either.

Rather, people (regardless of gender) should speak about what they know and listen a LOT. If you want to call speaking "domination", I guess I'm saying that the concept of dominance should shift as appropriate for the situation. The assumption that one person should always dominate is, I think, pretty destructive.

• Elana
      4 weeks agoReport

Considering how much you seem to care, it's pretty clear we already are.