Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

How about, instead of parents teaching their sons not to hit women....?

They teach their children not to hit anybody? Sons get lectured while girls can hit anyone as they please. Women, just like men, have no business beating on the opposite gender. Keep your privileged man-beating hands to yourselves.

If you disagreed with anything I just said then you must have a problem and I am sorry for you.

• liz

Yes that’s what parents should be teaching their children. We should teach children to use words and not fists, knives or guns. Another useful thing to pass on is if you have no kind words to say, then say nothing at all. Not always easy to put into practice but it’s best if we try to keep to it. Using insults doesn’t change anyone’s thinking. But it’s really hard to always stick to that.

Can't speak for anyone else but at no point did the question of the potential victim's gender occur to me when I was raising my daughter or son not to be violent. I don't actually recognise the situation you describe in the parenting behaviour of anyone I can think of.

Most parents don't like the idea of their children growing up punching people, regardless of gender. I worked in a Primary school with children aged 7 - 11 and we had a zero tolerance policy for violence, regardless of whom ever was doing it.

When women are sending men to hospitals and beating the sh!t out of them at even half the rate men are doing it, I'll consider that, In the meantime -- men need to fix men.

PHYSICAL REALTY DOES MATTER. Men are capable of killing a woman with a blow and women aren't. No one should be hitting anyone but stop pretending there's an equal danger. I thought all you men's rights activists wanted feminists to admit sex differences? Men are physically stronger than women. Their violence causes more damage. That's not even touching the power or money aspect.

• Jo1 month agoReport

Who the hell is talking about strength here? We already know men are stronger than women. Does that suddenly mean women can treat men like punching bags? How about you think about THAT, rather than something that wasn't asked.

True, studies show women strike men more often than men strike women, but women striking men is always justified, where as men striking women is never justified.   

• Elana

I certainly agree and I think punishments for girls hitting boys and boys hitting girls should be equal.

http://www.csulb.edu/~mfiebert/assault.htm

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFAd4YdQks

• Neither women nor men should be hitting eachother but it's a lot worse for a man to hit a woman than vice versa. It's like a dog biting a rabbit vs a rabbit biting a dog.

• TKO1 month agoReport

@Alternative Asker : Why do you think you all are rabbits?? Have some shame in yourself.