Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

My daughter is 14 and hasn’t had her period yet. Should I be worried?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

No, not yet. A girl can start her periods as early as 7 and as late as 16 and be in the "Normal" range.

-- Girls can start having their periods even earlier, even at 6 months of age, but that is "precocious puberty". It is still healthy, but embarrassing for the girl until her peers start their puberty signs.

-- If a girl has not started having her periods by the time she is 16, then she needs to visit her doctor (family doctor or Paediatrician) for a check-up. There are a number of reasons for the periods to not happen -- the girl is underweight, over exercise, lack of sufficient female hormones, an excess of male testosterone and other causes.

-- A girl should start going to an OBY/GYN when she reaches 16 or become sexually active, whichever come first. Some doctors put the start date at 18 or sexually active.

• 4 weeks ago

Wow that's crazy I started mine when I was 11, I had no idea what a period even was but I had to find out the hard way

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, not unless she has not had it by the time she is 17, some girls start later, that is all.

• 1 month ago

No, she's still well within the age bracket for onset of first menstruation.

Get on the Internet, or ask your doctor, for more information.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Byrd
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can worry if you want it won't change anything

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Still within the normal age range.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

nope it'll come

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.