Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

My daughter is 14 and hasn’t had her period yet. Should I be worried?

No, not yet. A girl can start her periods as early as 7 and as late as 16 and be in the "Normal" range.

-- Girls can start having their periods even earlier, even at 6 months of age, but that is "precocious puberty". It is still healthy, but embarrassing for the girl until her peers start their puberty signs.

-- If a girl has not started having her periods by the time she is 16, then she needs to visit her doctor (family doctor or Paediatrician) for a check-up. There are a number of reasons for the periods to not happen -- the girl is underweight, over exercise, lack of sufficient female hormones, an excess of male testosterone and other causes.

-- A girl should start going to an OBY/GYN when she reaches 16 or become sexually active, whichever come first. Some doctors put the start date at 18 or sexually active.

Wow that's crazy I started mine when I was 11, I had no idea what a period even was but I had to find out the hard way

• PAMELA

No, not unless she has not had it by the time she is 17, some girls start later, that is all.

No, she's still well within the age bracket for onset of first menstruation.

Get on the Internet, or ask your doctor, for more information.

• Byrd

You can worry if you want it won't change anything

• Pippin

Still within the normal age range.

nope it'll come