Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Why does power steering make more noise when weather gets cold vs. when it is hot/warm?

is maybe putting in the Lucas stuff that suppose to stop whining a good thing or bad thing? how much should put in? and how it works?

LUCAS power steering additive is a great product.

If you don't have any fluid leaks just use a turkey baster to suck the PS fluid out of the reservoir and add the LUCAS. It will likely be noisy until the LUCAS blends with the PS fluid.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech

Oil flows more slowly when it is cold.

Adding Lucas is bad. Your power steering fluid doesnt leak. If it ain't broke dont f1ck with it.

Source(s): nothing

I used bottles of the Lucas stop leak. It's a temporary fix but it's better than dropping a few hundred dollars on repairs. Depending on the weather, a top up would last between 3 days and two weeks. I'd just top it off when I heard the noise.

• GTB

check the fluid level as it may be lower than desired; may be prudent to change fluid if dirty; check for system leaks as well