bettyb
bettyb asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

If you could change your relationship with a family member, would you? If so, with whom?

Never. People are who they are. If you are trying to change someone and make them into something they are not then there is something that you need to change. I grew up without my family. We went through a lot of heartache and now that we get the choice of being in each others life we are 100% accepting of each other. We are very close. If something's wrong they are all there for me.

Yes my brother and my dad. My brother and I used to be really close growing up, I guess that’s because we dealt with my parents who were drug addicts and in an abusive relationship with each other so as strange as it is it brought us closer. Then he got a girlfriend 3 year’s ago and completely stopped talking to me. I’ve tried and tried but alas- it never fails that nothing helps. My dad has been sober for 4 years and we’ve hAd a lotttt of fights and I’ve had a lot of resentment for him but my mom passed away this year and I wish me and my dad could be closer than we are. In fact our relationship has kind of tarnished since my mom passed. Not that it was good before; but as a kid I was always a “daddy’s girl.” Seems like he didn’t wanna accept that I grew up. Now we barely talk either. It’s almost like he doesn’t want to talk to me or my brother because we are a reminder of my mom. But he would never admit that so that’s just an assumption.

Just family members being judge mental that’s all.

Yes. Siblings... There's a lot of mental illness in our family I wish they would look into getting it managed.

I would try to make my sibling less dead so we could resolve a few things we never got around to talking about.

my brothers, they never seem to want anything to do with me

No, because I love my family and get along with them all.

• maybe my father, he never talks much due to being old school irish. I could probably count on my hands the times he ever talked to me. I moved out at 18 to granny terrible relationship with my mother toxic I’ve accepted she will remain a **** the rest of her life

My uncle. After years of buttsex I’d rather be his lover <3

• sarah1 month agoReport

Lover, incest ,umm....love uncle...something just don't seem right