Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Why do women lie about rape so much?

Most accusations go without convictions because they are proven to be false in the court of law.

Why would so many women lie about this sort of thing?

44 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Women have never lied and all women are innocent

• You all are pretty stupid 5-10% of allegations are false- that means 95-90% arent. If i told you that you had a date but there was a 95-90% it was with a transexual, would you still go? You all sound like incels so probably... As far as catering to women, every 63 seconds a woman is raped and only 5 rapists out of 1000 actually see jail time. Who is being catered to? Dummies... I know men want to be victims now because women dont need them anymore, but please think about who this may trigger

• Jack
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You're talking out your backside. Sorry but that 5-10% includes those who admitted to or were successfully prosecuted for making a false allegation. It is no more valid a measure than claiming that only those admitting to or successfully prosecuted for rape actually perpetrated a rape.

• 1 month ago

beacuse they like being raped

• 1 month ago

Theres also the problem that some women decide they were raped the next morning when they wake up cuz that's when the shame sets in. They may feel legitimately raped afterward but if she gives consent and regrets it afterward thats NOT rape. Move forward and make better decisions next time

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

you forget just because some one is found not guilty does not mean they are innocent, it just means the burden of proof of thier guilt has not been met, in most rape cases its word agaist word or consent, the defence does not have to prove anything just debunk the claims.

• 1 month ago

Five to ten percent of rape allegations are proven false.  The problem is that those 5-10% are walking around freely while the accused have their reputations ruined.  It should be a felony with a mandatory five year sentence to make a false rape accusation.

• WaldoBC
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

True, a man's life can be destroyed with a false accusation.

Therefore, 'rape shield laws' should also protect the male [victim]. The media should not be allowed to publicize the identity of an alleged rape victim or the alleged aggressor. His identity should also be protected until convicted.

• 1 month ago

Because in many states always cater to the woman, they believe women can do no wrong.  You should see what happens to men in divorce court.

• U Wish
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

They feel free to do that because there are NO repercussions. They get a free pass to attack a man's reputation and livelihood. They do this because they have an axe to grind with the man in question. Either he pumped and dumped, ghosted, or otherwise rejected them, or they banged him OUTSIDE of their relationship, and now need to backtrack and play a cover-up game to keep their financial stability in place with their original partner. So, they cry RAPE!!!

• Elana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Actually, the majority are *NOT* proven false in a court of law, only insufficient to obtain a conviction.

I'm not saying that women don't lie, but this is the worst kind of fabrication on your part.

• WaldoBC
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Who could correctly answer this question? I don't even think the police or the justice system could possibly have this on file?

• 1 month ago

Over the last several years, especially since the #MeToo movement started, women have seen the effects that accusing a man of rape/sexual assault can have on said man, whether the accusation is true or not. Women become more manipulative, petty and devious every single day, and it's only going to get worse. If you're a female, all you have to do to get a man to do whatever you want is say to him "I'm gonna tell the cops you raped me".

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.