Divorce help?

Husband was in prison when he sent divorce papers. Back in 2013. It was mutual. I had signed and sent paper work back the same week. 

It is now 2019 and the divorce case is still active. 

It is not closed. How can we get this finalized. Can I obtain the papers sign again and send them in. He did not have a lawyer representing him. 

We both need this fixed. Any advice? When we call the court they are zero help and can’t seem to answer any questions. 

This is in California by the way. 

3 Answers

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    The time to finalize has expired. You need to refile.

  • g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    If you signed the petition and sent them back to him, it was beholden on him to file with the court. Guessing he didn't. Maybe he didn't have the filing fee?

    Okay so you thumbs down - why exactly?  Six years after the fact, did it not occur that apparently more was needed? What kind of answer did you expect from people who can't possibly have the details?

  • Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Talk to the lawyer who drew up the papers and ask him/her how to get it filed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.