:) asked in PetsCats · 1 year ago

Am i wrong for this?

So i found a kitten in a parking lot. He was running around and nearly got hit by a car so i decided to take him with me so he was safe. My mom got mad and made me put him in a box im the garage overnight even though i told her that’s not how you treat kittens. In the morning my neighbor offered to adopt the kitten since his two cats had kittens around Dominyx(the kitten)’s age but my mom took him to an animal shelter anyway. She got mad at me since she had to pay $60 and the shelter said the kitten might not get adopted and that i did the wrong thing and should’ve left him in the parking lot. I only took the kitten home since i searched for thirty minutes but found no mother and he wasn’t safe there. I even looked at areas around the parking lot.  Was i wrong to try to help the kitten? 

No. You did a good thing. Your mother should be ashamed of herself.

• Ocimom

No you were not wrong. But your mother was wrong on a few things. Since the neighbor wanted the kitten, the kitten should have been taken over as soon as you knew she wanted it.

You were right to save the kitten. It might have been run over by a car, attacked be dogs or wild animals or tortured by cruel, evil people. Your neighbor does not need another cat as they already have two cats they clearly don't know how to care for properly. The shelter is the best place for an unwanted kitten. Shelters always warn people that the pet they are bringing in may not get adopted because they are trying to make the person feel guilty so they'll keep the pet but the reality is younger animals like puppies and kittens have the best hope of being adopted. People looking to adopt a new pet visit the shelter first. Your kitten is out of harm's way and very likely to find a new home.

Not your cat. You are a child so you can't own the cat and since your mom doesn't want the cat in her house it had to be gotten rid of

Your mom had every right to get mad about you bringing home a stray that was likely carrying parasites and diseases and since she didn't want the cat in her house and wanted to take it to a shelter, you had to take it to a shelter.

And lie harder about the shelter telling to LEAVE a kitten to die a slow horrible death. No shelter would have told you that, You only made that up to make the shelter look bad while you throw a fit over not being able to keep something you found

Your mom made the decision to forego giving the kitten to the neighbor instead of the shelter. All her fault. You should consider leaving home at the earliest opportunity.

• Ken S

Actually no person that does something to help is doing the wrong thing. If any one is wrong here, it's your mother and I will tell you why. Mothers are suppose to be caring and have empathy and your mother showed none for you or for a life. She relayed to you that the kitten might be killed at the shelter. She didn't give a dam about a life and she didn't care about your feelings.

Your neighbor also is a problem. It is because of people like him that don't care enough to fix their cats that you found this kitten, that millions of kittens and cats are living on the street and millions others are killed in shelters.

You need to stay as you are. The world needs people who care about other lives then themselves

• Sam

I'm sorry but your mom should've been put in a box in garage overnight .

why wouldn't she let your neighbor adopt the kitten.

Does she think you might somehow enjoy knowing the kitten is next door.

Your mom is evil.

I really am sad you have to endure such evil.

Just remember, it won't be forever. Hopefully you can get out of there someday.

Why did she have to pay $60? You don't have to pay when you drop an animal at a shelter. This makes me think your entire story is made up.

Yeah, a pic of a cat is not proof. I can take a pic of a kitten and post it right now, doesn't prove I've ever even seen that kitten.

Yeah, no. Shelters that do charge, only charge for OWNER surrendered pets. If you drop off a stray you will NEVER have to pay a fee. Your entire story is BS.