what age should i let my child go to a sleepover?

my 3 year old daughter wants to go her friends for a sleepover and i want to know if she's old enough to go,

I had my first sleep over at 19 years old. Teens do dirty things, if I am become a parent I would NEVER let them go to strangers house or friends house or date until they live in my roof

• Rosie1 month agoReport

Kids sometimes do stupid things but that doesn't mean you should ban them from everything, it's just a dumb idea, and when they grow up, because they were over sheltered it will be harder for them. Also not letting kids enjoy childhood things makes them have a potential to get depression.

Like 14 because teens can have sleepovers

pewds raided this ****

40 or later... maybe 60

I would say that the earlier the better. Normally at around 1 year. Opening them up to new experiences, like mixing ammonia and bleach, is going to be awesome at that age. They'll remember it forever.

7 years old, otherwise they will cry and disturb the parents of the other home.

18 when she moves out of your house.

• Rosie1 month agoReport

Let kids have fun ffs, not every teen is gonna smoke weed/ "do the act"

Younger kids can be fine, just meet the parents first and tell them what you want.

… No. My child asked to go to her first sleepover at 7, and I said absolutely not. I mean, at 3 if they are having a sleepover with a family member, like staying the night at a cousin's house who is around the same age, I think that would be just fine. But who invites another 3 year old over for a sleepover? That just sounds weird. NO parent would put themselves through that. Who wants to care for someone else's 3 year old? The whole thing just sounds really strange. I would say no. 

• drip

From my experience, don’t.

You really need to know the couple and their kids. I have had parents I thought I knew let the kids stay up all night. No sleep at all. And I am not talking about teens. This was when she was 8-10. Who had fed them only snacks and sweets. Not that I expect a meal, but a pizza at least. Parents who allowed them to watch scary and / or inappropriate movies for their age. Siblings who have bugged the heck out of them all night I had one mom yell at her for playing with a toy in their daughter’s bedroom. I had one mom not use seat belts. She piled four kids in the back seat with three seatbelts. That was a mom from my church.

I ended up putting the breaks in all sleep overs,

By the time my daughter was in middle school opted out herself, She asked to be picked up around 10/11pm and not stay the night.

We were able to start sleep overs with grandma first.

I would say wait until 9. And I would not do it unless you have met the parents and been in their home. And ask a lot of question! Make it clear to your child and the parents that if she wants to go home at any time you want her to be able to call you and you will pick her up immediately.

I think as long as you know the parents and they will be present its fine.