Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

I'm in my 30's, I live with one of my divorced parents, I'm single and I'm stuck in a minimum wage job, why can't I just be happy?

• Greg

Maybe you would be happier if you had some pride. What is it you can work towards and achieve as a goal? Move up to a shift leader, lose weight, save money, help others, whatever.

Your purpose in life might be much greater than just your own personal happiness. You didn't make yourself, so you can't tell yourself why you were made. Even the great philosphers were only guessing about their purpose and the meaning of life.

The saddest thing that can ever happen to a person is to go to their grave never knowing why they were here. To find out what your purpose is, you must go to your Maker and ask. Do so humbly and sincerely and you are guaranteed to get your answer.

We were created with a void inside reserved for God alone. Without Him a vacuum is created. All the temporary pleasures on the planet cannot satisfy.

Anything that feels good can become addictive: cravings increasing while satisfaction simultaneously decreases.

The lie behind it says "Immediate gratification with no long term repercussions."

But there is always a price to pay.

Without God we fail: we are spiritually dead. Go to Jesus to be born again. All day long He has held out His hands: He wants you to have eternal life. He turns away none who go to Him seeking mercy.

your pretty much fucked. your only hope is to find something to invest in that will give 10000000x gains. that something probably exists but good luck finding it.