Sleep paralysis? Just a nightmare? I don't know so please help me out.?

Okay so.

I woke up from a nightmare to the sound of blood rushing to my head (you know the sound you get when you havent breathed for a while and you finally take in a breathe. that.)

In my dream I was investigating a series of old murders. It turns out it was linked to an evil spirit. Eventually the spirit finds me and im fending for my life. Near the end of my dream. I jump under the covers and close my eyes, my right hand on my forehead and my left behind my head, while im led on my back. (both of my arms were cold from being really numb.)

I feel something walking up to me so i open my eyes. only. When i open my eyes im at home, in my bed. Led in the exact position i was in in my dream, I had numb arms and my legs hurt from running only. I wasn't running. I was asleep?

I got so frightened I ran into my mums room and woke her up. she tried rubbing my back but i jerked away as if, something bad happened in my dream only, when i tried remembering it to tell her, i got an overwhelming feeling of dread. It was horrifying.

I haven't had nightmares in a long time. and this has never happened before. one of the weirdest bits is that. that nightmare was in 1st person. I have never, and i mean never, dreamt in first person. only third.

My friend thinks i've had an episode of sleep paralysis, but i dont know, all i know about sleep paralysis is what i see in movies i.e someone wakes up and they cant move, but they are in their house in their bed with something moving for them

• Cyrus

I suffer from sleep paralysis, it used to be an almost everyday occurrence but it died down. When I was a child I'd have them a lot every time sleep on the floor. And it got a lot worst growing up. I used to think that there were demons attacking me in my sleep, but I realized as I got older that it is a completely harmless sleep cycle. When your asleep, you're brain shuts down parts of your muscles in order to prevent your body from acting out anything that your brain projects in the state of unconsciousness . As a result, what you experience as dreams can feel real when another hemisphere of your brain is sleeping in order to repair and replace working brain cells. When you were first dreaming before experiencing the sleep paralysis episode, your brains REM (rapid eye movement) cycle was getting ready to end, however the sleep pattern was interrupted and your brain did not fully wake up, causing any side effects like face/head filling like its stuffed with liquid, or a loud gun pop or scream, or a tight pressure on your chest or your back if you sleep on your back, etc.. Sleep Paralysis is no laughing joke when experienced the first few times, but you'll learn sooner or later that what you see while you're sleeping is all in your head lol.

Hope I Helped ^_^

• Cyrus
      1 month agoReport

..but, when the sleep cycle in your brain gets interrupted for whatever reason, it awakens only one hemisphere (left or right side), and that hemisphere is responsible for imagination, which explains the illusions you saw. Does this help you so far? Ask me anything.

I don't think this was sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis is a hiccup in the normal sleep process. When we dream, our brains shut off voluntary movement so we don't move around while sleeping. Sleep paralysis happens when that part of your brain doesn't "turn on" for a bit after you wake up, so you are awake but still cannot control your voluntary movements.

The fact that you were aching, numb, had a feeling like taking a breath, dreaming about danger and hiding under a blanket, and that you were able to jump up immediately doesn't point to sleep paralysis for me but that I think you should get yourself checked for sleep apnea.

• Rich

What happened to you some call sleep paralysis. In reality it is a demonic attack. Since this country has turned away from God and the Bible and embraced many sins instead these type of demonic attacks will continue to increase. more and more people will be experiencing this. Yes, these are demons. But there is hope.

Look, I am a seasoned born again Christian and I can help you.

1) You need to make sure you are truly born again. Going to church does not make you a Christian. You need to sincerely repent of your sins and develop a relationship with Jesus Christ. I do not know you, so I am not sure where you stand. So please say the following prayer:

"Lord Jesus, I repent of all my sins and I ask you to wash me clean. I am sorry for all the dumb things I have done and the many times I broke God's Will. Please forgive me and fill me with the gift of the Holy Spirit. I want to belong to God. I want to be adopted into his family as his child. Come into my heart. I give you control over my life. Please lead me through the Holy Spirit and make your Word real to me. Fill my soul with the peace that surpasses understanding and help me change so that I may lead a life that is pleasing to you. I want to go to heaven and I want to be called by the Fathers name. As of today I declare that I belong to you, and I want to ask you for wisdom and guidance. In the name of Jesus, I ask you to set me free from this demonic activity". Amen

And then talk to Jesus Christ every day like you would talk to a friend...and ask him to help you be free.

2) Now, to solve this problem you need to understand that such an evil spirit needs a legal right to get into your house. You need to figure out what that is...maybe you watched ghost programs on TV, do you have a vampire book in your room, maybe someone gave you a Ouija board as a present? I know of someone who started seeing an evil spirit after their received a calendar with fake God's, I know of someone else who had this problem after playing the Ouija board.

Understand that bringing anything into your house, or watching or listening to anything that God has called "cursed" gives these evil spirits an automatic legal right to come inside - even if someone else brought it into the house. This demon that is harassing you has a right to come inside.

Buy the book "Spiritual Housecleaning" from Alice Smith and go over it carefully and try to figure out what gave this spirit the right to come. Whatever that "thing" is...it has to get out of your house. Ask Jesus and the holy Spirit for help too. They can show you what it is...

3) Demons cannot stand Jesus and any worship music for Jesus. They flee from that, and it attracts the angels of the Lord. Stop playing any secular music as you may have some that is giving this demon a right to come, and listen only to Christian worship music. Buy some DVD's (Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, MercyMe, listen to Christian radio klty.com and also put it on at night if you are scared.

4) Jesus dealt with demons. Those evil spirits are not scared or intimidated by anything humans can do. Not even guns can hurt them. So you need to learn from Jesus how to resist them..

When Satan tempted Jesus he always responded with "It is written" and quoted the Word of God. The ONLY thing that causes evil to flee is the Word of God. It is a sword in the spiritual realm that causes evil spirits great harm. So you need a series of scriptures on paper right next to your bed, and if this evil spirit comes back you need to take authority and say "It is written...." You need to find the scriptures yourself using a Bible concordance, but here are some examples from the top of my head:

"get thee away from me devil, for I have been cleansed by the blood of the Lamb and you have no right over me. It is written He whom the Son sets free is free indeed"

" I command you, in the name of Jesus Christ, to leave this room and this house. It is written that greater is He that is in me than He that is in the world"

"Father, I plead your protection under Psalm 91 over my life. It is written that you would command your angel to encamp around me if we love you. I ask you Lord to send down your angels to cast this demon into the abyss, and I thank you in advance, My Lord, for setting me free. I give you all the glory!!"

You will have to talk loud and forceful,a and you may have to repeat these several times. Evil spirits don't leave easily, they hate to leave, so envision an argument with someone. take authority and KICK him out of your house - but

a. you can only do that if Jesus is truly inside of you - have to be born again - otherwise this demon will get angry and attack back. He can't do that if he sees Jesus inside of you.

b. he doesn't have to leave if the "thing" that gave him the legal right is still in your house. So clean up your house. Watch the games, music, books and TV shows as I bet you it is in one of these groups.

Finally, I will also pray for you. You are only 14 and this is a serious spiritual battle. but He has given you victory and freedom.

If you follow ALL of these steps your life will change dramatically for the good and you will be set free by the blood of the Lamb and the Word of God. It works.

Could be demons. Slorots telling you things. Or just hou need to protect your room amd home. Use candles, prayer. Watch what kind of things you watch on tv that are too scary or negative. Get some exercise.

Move your bed position.

maybe you should talk to your doctor about it

• Megan1 month agoReport

it's currently 2.59am, so I sadly can't do that as of yet. I'm not sure if it will warrant as "important enough" to be seen by a doctor for it but i can certainly try! I wanna try and find like. people I am able to message who know exactly what they are talking about and who can interpret them etc.