An "educational" reimbursement MISTAKE showed up on my pay stub?

My pay check was the beneficiary of a seemingly $500 mistake. I looked up the code that was on the pay stub, and it is some kind of educational reimbursement. I am a trucker, and I am not taking any classes so clearly it is a mistake?? But I could REALLY use the extra money so I didn't say anything. Will I regret this decision?

you might, that happened to me one time, i was working in resorts and at the end of the work agreement we would get a bonus, it was around $500, one time when i was traveling at the end of my work agreement, i was checking my money in the bank and found out i had gotten two bonuses instead of one, i just called them up and told them about it, and they told me they would just take it out of my pay,id rather be honest even if i have to go without the extra money

I just got my loan from Creditincome@yahoo.com

• B

call payroll supervisor or payroll manager asap

You will owe the money back when the mistake is realized on the payer's end. Don't be dumb.

• ?

You could be fired for fraud. How much will you make then?

Do you mind that someone in payroll could be fired because of this?

Morals seem to be in thin supply lately.

• John1 month agoReport

They could be fired for fraud, yes. But MUCH more likely that they would just correct it in the next paycheck by deducting the amount of the overpayment. Either way, best that you bring it to their attention now, because in the end it WILL be corrected.

If you have erroneously been credited with anything you are not entitled to, do NOT spend it as you will have to repay any errors! Say something - ask what that $500 is for before you do anything. If it's something you are entitled to, you get to keep it, if not, they deduct it to correct the error, and nobody gets any nasty surprises.

• Judy

Yes, you'll regret it when they take it back and you get w very small paycheck. Would needing the money make it ok to hold up a convenience store? What's the difference?

• Erik
      1 month agoReport

You're comparing this to holding up a convenience store? That's asinine.

That is considered theft on your part.

There is a higher liklihood the mistake will be discovered and you'll have to pay it back. It might take six months or a year. Best to contact them about it now, just query it with them, don't say it was a mistake, see what they have to say.

• James

ask payroll to find out for sure