An "educational" reimbursement MISTAKE showed up on my pay stub?

My pay check was the beneficiary of a seemingly $500 mistake. I looked up the code that was on the pay stub, and it is some kind of educational reimbursement. I am a trucker, and I am not taking any classes so clearly it is a mistake?? But I could REALLY use the extra money so I didn't say anything. Will I regret this decision?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best answer

you might, that happened to me one time, i was working in resorts and at the end of the work agreement we would get a bonus, it was around $500, one time when i was traveling at the end of my work agreement, i was checking my money in the bank and found out i had gotten two bonuses instead of one, i just called them up and told them about it, and they told me they would just take it out of my pay,id rather be honest even if i have to go without the extra money

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I just got my loan from Creditincome@yahoo.com

• B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

call payroll supervisor or payroll manager asap

• 1 month ago

You will owe the money back when the mistake is realized on the payer's end. Don't be dumb.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You could be fired for fraud. How much will you make then?

Do you mind that someone in payroll could be fired because of this?

Morals seem to be in thin supply lately.

• John1 month agoReport

They could be fired for fraud, yes. But MUCH more likely that they would just correct it in the next paycheck by deducting the amount of the overpayment. Either way, best that you bring it to their attention now, because in the end it WILL be corrected.

• 1 month ago

If you have erroneously been credited with anything you are not entitled to, do NOT spend it as you will have to repay any errors! Say something - ask what that $500 is for before you do anything. If it's something you are entitled to, you get to keep it, if not, they deduct it to correct the error, and nobody gets any nasty surprises.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, you'll regret it when they take it back and you get w very small paycheck. Would needing the money make it ok to hold up a convenience store? What's the difference?

• Erik
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You're comparing this to holding up a convenience store? That's asinine.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

That is considered theft on your part.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There is a higher liklihood the mistake will be discovered and you'll have to pay it back. It might take six months or a year. Best to contact them about it now, just query it with them, don't say it was a mistake, see what they have to say.

• James
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

ask payroll to find out for sure

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.