Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 months ago

How would you feel if someone says “I don’t like your car” even though you love it a lot ?

It depends how it comes up and how it's stated. If they just blurt that out unprovoked, it's a sign that maybe they're someone you don't want to hang out with. If you asked them if they liked your car and they responded in an arrogant, mocking tone, that would be another sign that they're probably someone you might want to consider keeping a distance from (unless this is out of character). If you ask and they give you an honest opinion in a respectful manner, that's a different story. But don't feel bad- it's your car and if you like it, that's all that matters. It's for you, not them.

i wouldn't reply at all...not worth a response* :)

I would say "that's fine. I didn't buy it for you I bought it for me."

• zipper

Why would I give a Dam what they think, they stick any way.

Its their problem not yours.

I wouldn't give a good goddamn

• Lita

I wouldn't care. I'm aware that there are things I love that not everyone is going to love and that's okay.

Back before we realized I'd never be able to drive my parents bought me a car that was as old as I was. It was in good condition but it was ugly and kind of dorky looking. My siblings who also got cars thought I got the worst of the lot. They loved their cars and didn't like mine. I happened to love my dorky looking car and didn't care what they thought.

• Lv 7

Let me guess: It was either a Gremlin, a Pacer, or a Volkswagen Thing.

I personally don’t feel very good when this is said to me. I have a Volkswagen bug because I really like it and think it’s cute but one of my friends always makes fun of it and says it looks retarded and is “an old lady car”. I’m used to it now, it’s my car and I like it so that’s all that matters. Don’t let them get to you! :)

• Sammy

I drive a '71 VW Ghia (sleeper). I've been called F A G. Gets funnier every time I hear it! My VW is faster than your Corvette.

Tell them you don't like their attitude

i'd tell her "your mom dresses you funny."