Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Politics: Who's more likely to get violent if the political environment isn't going their way? Leftists or conservatives?

I hear open threats of violence from right wingers, I don't hear them from left wingers.. Currently, the political environment is more right wing, given Trump & the Senate..I don't see much left wing violence.. Protests that get out of control yeah, but no killings by them only by right wing nut jobs. I am however, very concerned about left wing backlash when all this Trump stuff finally comes to it's inevitable fruition. IF that happens....disenfranchised right wingers will respond with violence... They've said so...

• gibbsmb
      1 month agoReport

Yes LoudLon, that's a big part of my point here. Violence sometimes comes after freedom of expression.

Leftists. You see them now getting aggressive when Donald Trump stands up for America

• ctc453
      1 month agoReport

Calling nfl athletes exercising their first amendment rights SOBs isn't standing up for America, it's toxic jingoism

If a Liberal won by electoral college then they would be the ones protecting it.

Liberal: "I won thanks to the electoral college haha."

Conservative "Yeah I know it's part of the constitution and our history. We will do better next time."

• Jacob1 month agoReport

I didn't go out and protest in the streets shouting "Not my President!" when Obama won twice.

Well, it wasn't liberals who drove their car into a gang of protesters and killed a woman.  It's not liberals who commit hate crimes against gays and non-whites.  It's not liberals who bomb abortion clinics.  It's not liberals who threaten Civil War if Trump is impeached or loses the next election. It's not liberals who shoot up schools.  It's not liberals who were caught with a kill list of Democratic politicians.  And it's not liberals who threaten "fire and fury the likes of which the world has never seen" because their ego can't handle someone else thinking they're stupid.

Yes, there are violent people on the left --  the Antifa.  But we liberals consider them as big a pack of losers as we do right wing white supremacists.  They're just violent people using politics as an excuse to be violent. But when it comes to which side is more violent, the right takes that shameful title by a massive margin.

• LoudLon
      1 month agoReport

Again, I'm just pointing out that many school shooters happen to harbor extreme right wing beliefs.  That they're mentally ill is essentially a given.

There were no riots when Obama won

• LoudLon
      1 month agoReport

Not when a Republican wins -- when a bad person wins.  Trump is a bad person. And to be clear, Trump is not and has never been a Republican.  He was never even a democrat. He has no party except the party of Trump.  That Republicans happen to have sided with him is pretty telling, though.

Violence is common in most Left wing rallies. The Left often never understand why there is usually a of violence among the Right in their rallies. This has been the case since the days of the Tea Parties.

Violent people would be more likely to get violent

Easy...right wing extremists. They have already been committing terrorist acts in the USA for years.....

• Perry1 month agoReport

oh really lets see every domestic terrorist has been a leftist/democrat

The left.

It angers them profoundly when somebody else will not be forced to pay for their medical bills.

• ctc453
      1 month agoReport

So forcing us to pay for roads and a wall is okay, but not when actual lives matter? Retard

• Bill

Leftists. Conservatives have been dealing with losing in politics and on cultural issues for generations now, but leftists have never really experienced losing on issues much, so when it happens its a shock to their system and something they struggle to deal with.

Notice how fast they got violent after Trump was elected? It wasn't even a day that went by before they were protesting all over the country and before the election was over they were out assaulting people due to nothing but fear of losing.

• jeffrcal
      1 month agoReport

@9fingers - Please work on your satire; that was pretty bad.