Can a Home Owners Associatiion limit the time a vehicle is parked in designated Disable Parking space?

Update:

in florida

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

Yes they can. Thank you for asking.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

SURE CAN TRY! IF A COURT WILL UP HOLD THEM THAT MITE BE ANOTHER ISSUE ALL TO GETTER!

• 1 month ago

If the Handicapped Parking place is on the property under control of the Home Owners Association and not in a public location, then they likely can designate a time limit for use of the Handicapped Parking place if several handicapped people may need to use it. Otherwise, one person could occupy the single space all day. A call to the police in that jurisdiction should get you the proper answer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes - at our condo every owner owns at least 1 deeded parking space . . . . designated handicapped spaces are for the use of visitors or to drop-off disabled persons - not for long term parking of those who want to be closer to the doors - but there are always some who think they are entitled more than others. They aren't.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Not in my experience. I was yelled at by another Tenant for: "not parking my motorcycle by the dumpster" when I had one parking space allowed to me. Later, the Jerk parked his wagon so close,I couldn't get out!

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

They can do whatever they want to do!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

YES they can.

WRONG FORUM. QUESTION REPORTED. Please learn how to place your questions in an appropriate category. It's not exactly rocket science.

• Cap'n. America
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

Absolutely Correct forum . Or ,maybe law. Any reasonable person would start at Cars, first, about Parking.

• 1 month ago

People who run the HOAs are all nutty. If it is on private property, then yes.

• 1 month ago

In order to park in a handicapped space you must either have a handicap tag or a placard to hang from the mirror.  Check your HOA docs as it should tell you.

• 1 month ago

I believe so, and the reason would be to prevent someone from putting an inoperable wreck there for two or three months or years.

• Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, unless it violates the laws applicable to whatever region the HOA is located within.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.