Can a Home Owners Associatiion limit the time a vehicle is parked in designated Disable Parking space?

in florida

Yes they can. Thank you for asking.

• zipper

SURE CAN TRY! IF A COURT WILL UP HOLD THEM THAT MITE BE ANOTHER ISSUE ALL TO GETTER!

If the Handicapped Parking place is on the property under control of the Home Owners Association and not in a public location, then they likely can designate a time limit for use of the Handicapped Parking place if several handicapped people may need to use it. Otherwise, one person could occupy the single space all day. A call to the police in that jurisdiction should get you the proper answer.

Yes - at our condo every owner owns at least 1 deeded parking space . . . . designated handicapped spaces are for the use of visitors or to drop-off disabled persons - not for long term parking of those who want to be closer to the doors - but there are always some who think they are entitled more than others. They aren't.

• Road warrior

Not in my experience. I was yelled at by another Tenant for: "not parking my motorcycle by the dumpster" when I had one parking space allowed to me. Later, the Jerk parked his wagon so close,I couldn't get out!

They can do whatever they want to do!

• Road warrior

Not IF the rule contradicts state/local law.

YES they can.

WRONG FORUM. QUESTION REPORTED. Please learn how to place your questions in an appropriate category. It's not exactly rocket science.

• Road warrior

Absolutely Correct forum . Or ,maybe law. Any reasonable person would start at Cars, first, about Parking.

People who run the HOAs are all nutty. If it is on private property, then yes.

In order to park in a handicapped space you must either have a handicap tag or a placard to hang from the mirror.  Check your HOA docs as it should tell you.

I believe so, and the reason would be to prevent someone from putting an inoperable wreck there for two or three months or years.

• Jay P

Yes, unless it violates the laws applicable to whatever region the HOA is located within.