Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Should I go to my wife’s sister wedding?

I barely know the sister and I definitely don’t know whoever she’s marrying. I don’t mean to sound arrogant, but I have better things to do.

As much as I hate to say it because I am not wild about my in-laws, I think you need to go. You may have better things to do, but unless the better thing is work, you need to go. The you- know -what- storm that would take place if you didn't go because you want to play something or do something at home isn't worth it. Been there, done that, and it ain't worth it. Just go. Live to fight another day. 

If she is going, you need to go. Whatever those "better things" are, your wife should be your top priority (unless you have children), as you are most likely hers. If she is okay with you going, then don't go. Honestly, you kinda seem like an asshole for not wanting to go to this occasion with her.

Because you would be going with your wife, and she should matter not the sister.. Think of someone else besides yourself for a change

How long have you been married to your wife? You should know her well enough that you could talk to her. GO.

• kristy

If you don’t want to go, don’t go

You need to go to the wedding for your wife.  Make the best of it at the reception.  There might be some good food, music, booze, dancing, etc.  You just might end up having fun and meet some good people.

• KTJoe

Don't know guess you're okay with wife being talked to death, waltzing around by handsome tux guys. Anyway go as support for wife be her handsome escort.

Bad move, if you ditch your wife on such an important occasion, then she's going to not be there for you either, and your marriage will be on shaky ground!

Unless your wife is cool with you not going, kind of a package deal. It would look weird with her going only, as all the family knows that you're MARRIED. Did her sister come to your wedding? 

Assuming that your wife will be attending I would think you should go as well.