Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentEmbassies & Consulates · 2 months ago

So basically I can become a diplomat go to another country and shoot someone in cold blood and get away with it because of diplomatic immune?

Like If the country I represent is ok with my actions I will be fine right?

No because by international agreement it would result in the Immunity being revoked.

The only time it may have work was in London when the female police office ~Yvonne Fletcher was shot from the Libyan embassy.

Although there was a rumour in the inteligence community that the person responsible was killed on the orders of Colonel Gaddafi for causing a diplomatic crises and ruining Gadhafi's credibility in the west .

Which in turn left him unable to import arms and equipment to put down unrest within Libya and control his people.

Pretty much, yes.

It mays you won't be jailed fir doing your job. If you are a genuine diplomat, you'll be negotiating agreements, nit gettung drunk and shooting people

• ?

It just means you wouldn't summarily be deported or imprisoned. Requests would have to be submitted through proper channels, but if the host nation requested you be turned over to the authorities or removed from your position, it would cone down to whether thr country you were representing valued the diplomatic relationship more than you as a person (and if they placed no value on the diplomatic relationship, they wouldnt bother with diplomats in the first place). So you'd either face criminal charges, or be brought back to a country where you just seriously embarassed the government. There is no way you could kill someone and hust go ib bei g a diplomat with the full support of the government behind you.

• John2 months agoReport

But what if the country i came from supported my actions under Islamic law

This is what happened in the UK, though there it is disputed how much diplomatic immunity the woman in question had, as she wasn't working at the embassy but at an airfield. Though that was a killing by a traffic accident not shooting

Diplomatic protocols can be set aside by negotiations. The protocols exist to prevent conflict from escalating.

I suspect that if that had been an accident , but the country involved had an Islamic law that demanded the death penalty ,even so -- you would still be all right with that ?

And more if you are a saudi prince with all the power you can have.

Not after posting this rant. Your mental health issues will bar you from many jobs.