What would be the average price to get a vintage turntable completely fixed? ?

It completely depends on the make and model, how it's been looked after through its life, plus the exact fault and what parts are needed.

Some may need nothing more than cleaning, lubrication and adjustment or new belts, others may need new bearings, motors, a complete arm, or just be in such a state it's cheaper to replace than repair.

It also depends on the attitude of whatever place you take it to, to be repaired. Some unscrupulous places charge based on the perceived value of the item to the customer, rather than on the actual repair cost.

eg. You could get charged 500- or more for a repair worth 50-, on an rare or valuable turntable.

It's an unanswerable question, as stated.

[Speaking as an electronics engineer with quite a bit of vintage audio equipment].

1000 dollars exactly

Even if someone could reliably calculate such figure, it would be of no use, as there are too many variables to shed any light on your particular situation.

• Tony B

No one will know the average price but I guess you want the approximate price?

Repairing it would depend on what was wrong and it could be that parts were unavailable and that it couldn't be “fixed”. It could be that all that’s required is a service but if the turntable had a burnt out motor and missing dust cover, a broken case and a bent tone arm then that would involve a lot of work and expense.

Without knowing something about the turntable your question is impossible to answer. It would be helpful to know what country you are in too.

• John

I'd look for an old hi-fi stereo store, they would be able help if any of them are still in business. I don't even use CDs anymore, all of my music is in files on my hard drives.

You are better off buying a new one, unless you can find someone who just love doing it for next to nothing. Turntables are simple mechanical devices. They do not sound any better than a new one.

It depends on 

whether and how many of what types of parts need to be replaced 

and how much other work the unit needs, 

but it is likely to be between $40 and $250.  

I know that's a wide range, but without seeing the thing in person 

all anyone can do is make a guess based on knowledge and experience. 

Depends on what is completely wrong with it.