Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysOther - Holidays · 1 month ago

My birthday is coming up and I'm panicing?

I hate my birthday. Everyone asking me what I want to do but then deciding that's boring and then dragging me to do something I don't wanna do and my office dragging me into an office party so people can poke fun at me. I hate it. I told people I don't celebrate my birthday and refuse to give the date but my wife will tell who ever ask (despite my wishes) and my boss likes office parties too much to let it pass. If I just st skip work that day, they'd do it another day. What do?

• sarah

Totally understand why do they want to worship the day they were born as if it was a crowning achievement. Tell them what I do. I had nothing to do with the fact I was born. Give my mother a present. She was the one who went through all the trouble.

• Ron

People at work probably want an excuse to have a party. If the company is paying for refreshments then everyone is happy. You should appreciate that people like you and want to be nice to you.

I never celebrate my birthday. I don't know why. It's just something my family doesn't do. A birthday is really just an excuse to be around people in a social setting. Try to put on a smile and have fun with it. You'll win more points being cheerful and friendly than being a gloomy gus.

Tell everyone that they should all fukc off for disrespecting your wishes, especially your wife, walk away from them all and find a new life.

• mokrie

So go to work and as soon as a party starts get up and walk out. As for friends, no one can DRAG you anywhere you don't want to go. Lock them out of your house if they show up or if your wife lets them in then leave. Don't be afraid to tell your wife off in front of people so it doesn't happen again.

I’d be mad as well if I were you too. I get it too. I would tell her if she would like it if someone forced her to do something she hated. She should respect your choices. Show her physically your feelings how that you don’t like it. Sit down with her and be really serious with her. If you laugh or don’t talk to her seriously. She would think you’re joking with her.

with your problem on with the office party. I’m not really sure. Try coming up with excuses or tell them your doing something outside of work. Maybe call for a vacation. Not really sure. Never been in that situation. But hopefully you won’t get drag in that shitty party.