How easy is it to place a gps tracker on someones car?

I suspect that I have been monitored by a coworker of where I am going because they are nosy. I dont know if they are tracking me by my phone or car. How easy would it be to put a gps tracker on ones car and where would be the most likely place they would put it? I know I sound paranoid but you never know.

• unless you're a Business Executive or involved in some kind of Criminal or highly Immoral activity, it's highly unlikely anybody except The Tech Industry, Finance Industry, and some Government Agencies are tracking you with high tech tools. otherwise, it's just too expensive and time consuming to maintain surveillance on someone over some petty grievance. 

Tagging your car with a GPS device is not easy nor inexpensive. Unless you are a criminal, or a spy, why would anyone do such a thing? You should seriously examine your grandiosity with a mental health professional. 

A few gps tracking devices wont work unless a monthly fee is paid.

Most people have better ways to waste their money.

IF someone wanting to go the expense to justify the want or need it is easy beyond comprehension.

A question arises, WHY would anyone have such level of want to be bothered with it.

Little tags now that can be put on dog collars can track your dog to within 10 meters with GPS.

Smartphones do this anyway, a parent unknowingly installs 'where am I' app on your phone can keep close tabs on just where you are really going or been.

Those auto GPS tracing devices are not cheap, they need a service like on-star or cellular connection over that. In movies, like that little beeper box they magnetically stick under your car. real world, they hide in plain sight like that funny nubbin looking thing in a wiper well or hidden under a bumper.

Since others have more than covered the matter of ease, 

I'll address the matter of where. 

Guess what??? 

ANYWHERE!!!!! 

You will need to look everywhere in and under the car 

until you either find the device 

or become convinced that there isn't one in spite of your fears. 

It's that complicated... 

• Theo

Extremely easy. Most GPS vehicle tracking devices have magnetic mounts so can be placed anywhere on your vehicle that is metal and out of site. If are concerned you could purchase a "bug detector" and see what you find. Remember, just because you are paranoid does not mean they are not out to get you.

Movies make it look simple. In reality it must be a GPS and able to communicate by cell phone. I doubt that a battery would last longer than a few hours.

If tracking is being done it would be easiest with your phone but they would have to set it up on your phone to do it.

• also, people have also traditionally used radio beacons since almost nobody bothers scanning frequencies to geolocate signal origins. short range radio transmitters with periodic base stations probably have long battery life. 

• P

Very easy, it just attaches to the frame with a magnet.  You would have to get under the car and thoroughly inspect it.   Otherwise if this is a company car someone else has full access too it could be nearly anywhere, but most commonly just plugged into the OB2 port. 

• Rick

Really easy ...........................................