do you think a 1 hour and 30 minutes is FAR TOO long for an afternoon detention ?

I have just got home from a after school detention, it was MISREABLE , if 1 and half hours , this does not allow for the 5 minutes for us to get to the detention room and for the 10 minutes for the detention teacher to take the register and give out the punishment essays, this means I got out of school 1 hour and 45 minutes late.

we had to sit at our desks in TOTAL silence and write a 4 page essay and why we were being punished, I had to write an essay on the importance of behaving in class, by the time I got home my evening was ruined, my mum gave me a lecture and sent me to my room to do homework, then I was had dinner in my room, then I was confined to my room until the next day.

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 weeks ago

gdddddddddddryeryeye

• J
    Lv 6
    2 weeks ago

Just wait until you have a job, then it will be like 8 hours per day detention.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Are you back trolling this POS?

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Our school has 2 hours.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

No that's not too long and I'm sure that you'll never do whatever it was that you did again.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      4 days agoReport

Don't  do the crime; if you can't do the time.

• Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No, because now you don't want to do whatever for you into trouble again.

• John P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The idea of many forms of punishment is to occupy your time in a way which does not suit you. You "Did the crime", so you had to "Do the time", as the old saying goes. You should feel lucky that it was only your evening which was ruined.

• edward
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That’s stupid first. Writing essays is a good way of teaching kids that they can BS through life because essays don’t mean that you will follow up in whatever it is you said in the essay, it’s meaningless work. Homework would’ve been a much better waste of time. When i was in school detentions consisted of grading papers, making photocopies, doing things teachers didn’t care to do that would actually help the school and detention only lasted 15 minutes in a place we called the WHIR (Work Habit Improvement Room) or the resource room during the day.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Based on your past questions (nothing is private online & Google is a friend) you go from being a kid in school to an adult. Make up your mind, troll

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Why do you keep asking this? Do you think people won't remember? If you misbehaved in school, that is your punishment.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.