Do I have a cold or diabetes?

Okay, so, my Mom is freaking me out a little bit. I've been feeling stuffy for a few days now, I was thinking it's the changing of the weather and the seasons, but today I was SO THIRSTY. I almost never drink water (bad for you I know but bare with me) and today I went through three bottles, plus a tall glass at lunch, and drink down a Parker's tea super fast.

My mom says that this is an early sign of diabetes. I'm 21, it doesn't run in my family at all, and I may be chubby but I'm not overweight, and I regularly stay on my feet and I don't have a bad diet. Do I just have a sinus cold or could I have diabetes?

• Mike G

Why not both??????????

1. You don't have diabetes.

2. You should be drinking 2 liters of water everyday, three bottles and a glass is probably about right.

3. Whenever you have to ask "is it a cold or diabetes" you can be sure that you're just freaking out

I'm not an expert on diabetes nor sinus cold here, but if I were you, I would go see your doctor and see what he/she has to say. Better safe than sorry.