Quality asked in SportsTennis · 2 months ago

In tennis, if you get enough spin on a drop shot for it to bounce back on your side of the court, would it be your point automatically?

Or would the point go on as if the other team hit the ball?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

If you were to hit this drop shot it would be llegall and you would automatically win the point

• Chuck
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.

This is one exception to the rule about reaching over the net:

"Rule 25. A GOOD RETURN

It is a good return if:

b. After the ball in play has hit the ground within the correct court and has spun or been blown back over the net, the player reaches over the net and plays the ball into the correct court, provided that the player does not break Rule 24;"

mostly, the player who reaches over the net to play such a ball doesn't touch the net.

"Rule 24 PLAYER LOSES POINT" lists 12 ways that a player can lose a point.

• 1 month ago

Hah - I'd like to see a topspin shot that bounces so high it goes back over the net - for starters. However, if your opponent can't return the ball, he loses that point.

• 2 months ago

No! The other player can hit it, as long as they don't touch the net.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • David
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

since your opponent did not return the shot, he loses the point.

• 2 months ago

I'd get the point because the opponent did not hit it. Played competitive tennis in HS and went to two of the four major tennis championships and never...never...saw that happen however. Not even sure it can happen as I just don't see that kind of spin being created even by the pros.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.