Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicSinging · 10 months ago

Why is my voice so bloody low when im a girl?

Its embarrassing, when i sing i cant get most of the higher notes either, ive taken a test on this app and it said my voice sounded masculine, ouch

Nothing wrong with that, some of the best female voices are relatively deep. Nina Simone, Alison Moyet for example. 

I love the sound of low voices on women. They sound so rich and beautiful with a touch of femininity added as well. 

I had to chuckle when I read your question as I have the same problem.  I can never join in the hymn singing in church as my voice sounds as if it is coming from my boots.  When I answer the phone I am asked if I am the man of the house.   My husband likes my voice though so I am not bothered about it.

Maybe you were born with a wider throat than most other girls the reason why men tend to have lower voices because it's been proven scientifically that they have wider throats than women

Are you black if you are then a crude masculine voice is expected

A low female voice is classified as contralto. There's nothing wrong with your voice. There have been many professional contraltos.

• RockIt

We make the best with what we got. We can't all sing like birds, some of us sing like animals, and its still good, but forget about Witney Houston songs.

• Mamianka

Houston could work. But Mariah Carey whistle tones? Nah - this gal has a whole 'nuther way to go!

You can sing Alto

That's not a bad thing. Personally I think the sexiest female voice of all time belonged to Lauren Bacall. Her voice was low.

• Mamianka

Yes! - but that was also from smoking . . .

I dont know ok....