What should I do about my restless legs?

I am currently a 17 year old college student living on campus. I have been suffering bad restless legs (and arms) since i was about 11. Some nights i cannot get sleep because of the twitching. I always wanted to go to the doctors, but my parents told me that its not worth going to the doctors for. They refuse to let me even though I offered to help pay for anything best I can. Although I live out of state now, I still need my parents consent because I am still a minor. This issue is really bothering me, I don't turn 18 until after semester 1 finals and I feel myself not getting enough sleep over this. What do I do? (I try melatonin and other sleep aids, but it makes the twitching and spasms worse).

It seems to be in connection with a gluten sensitivity.

https://www.sott.net/article/245929-Restless-Leg-S...

Take them for a walk.

• Tavy

Surely you can go to the College Doctor. It is beyond ridiculous that you are not able to see a Doctor yourself, we can go from 14 in the UK. This problem can be cured, many people have it. Talk to the College principal.

• Mark

Quinine, bananas....

Although there are many causes, it can be caused by deficiencly of iron or vitamin D. Check your iron levels or make sure you have enough. You could try an iron supplement. Also a vitamin D supplement is always a good idea in winter anyway.

start taking vitamin E .

• Byrd

I think there are some lies here

• Byrd
      1 month agoReport

With current laws in this country you wouldn't be turning 18 at end of semester and if you are a registered student even at 17 you can use campus health services.