Wouldn't it be nice if we could lay back and let Jesus do all the work for righteousness e.g. baptizing and communion?

WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE IF WE COULD "LET JESUS DO THE BAPTIZING" (JOHN 1:33) WITH "THE MORE PERFECT WAY OF GOD" (ACTS 18:26) FOR BAPTISM INSTEAD OF "ONLY KNOWING THE BAPTISM OF JOHN" (ACTS 18:25)?

WOULD IT BE NICE IF WE COULD "EAT SPIRITUAL MEAT AND DRANK SPIRITUAL DRINK" (I COR 10:3-4) AS "OUR EXAMPLES" (I COR 10:11) INSTEAD OF SETTING UP TABLES AS THEY DID UNDER THE "FIRST COVENANT" (HEB 9:1-2)?

WOULDN'T THAT BE NICE???

No, and it wouldn't be biblical either.

GROW UP WE KNOW YOU AINT GOING TO HEAVEN

• Jim V

If baptizing and communion are thought of as works /for/ righteousness, then I suggest that the Gospel of Christ has been misunderstood.

What do you think "Let go and let God" means?

Baptism and communion does not make one righteous before God. Only Jesus makes anyone righteous before God, through His imputed righteousness.

• Alan H

Not at all. Many of us count it a privilege to share in the work

HE DID THE WORST PART WHICH WAS DYING FOR US!! GETTING BAPTIZED IS NOT ROUGH AND NEITHER IS TAKING COMMUNION.

Baptism and communion are unnecessary. I don't know what you're talking about.

You are a master of being incoherent.